Rain at Last - Thank Goodness

Pilotman

I have never been so happy to hear thunder and see flashes of lightening, with the accompanying heavy rain. It's been a dry old winter and the relief from the heat and the freshness in the air are both very welcome. More please. 

Yep, really can't wait for the power cuts and blank TV screens. Bring it on!
Yep...big black cloud, but tiny rain this morning in Jomtien...BANG ! transformer blowout....results in a "brownout" with voltage of about 120v for a few hours...best to turn off everything electric when a brownout strikes...very very bad for electrical appliances.

On 3/25/2019 at 6:24 PM, johng said:
On 3/25/2019 at 6:10 PM, OJAS said:
Yep, really can't wait for the power cuts and blank TV screens. Bring it on!

Yep...big black cloud, but tiny rain this morning in Jomtien...BANG ! transformer blowout....results in a "brownout" with voltage of about 120v for a few hours...best to turn off everything electric when a brownout strikes...very very bad for electrical appliances.

On 3/25/2019 at 6:12 PM, Pilotman said:

Yes, unfortunately, that is inevitable.  

However, I do have to say that I would not be at all averse to a fair few drenchings of the natural (as distinct from man-made) variety between 12th April and the end of the month (which would be a first as far as I am concerned as the rain gods have always seemingly gone on strike over this period since I moved out here in 2008). Any consequential power cuts/brown outs would IMHO be a price worth paying if they meant a complete silencing of all those bloody multi-megawatt sound systems which inflict much pain and suffering on our eardrums!????

Archived