Video: Motorcyclist - and car - in lucky escape as container truck topples over outside Bangkok

webfact

18 hours ago, ShortTimed said:

Good thing he had just finished texting and looked up...

Typical TVF reaction, couldn't resist a completely unsubstantiated 'Thai bash' could you!

I didn't approve of the motorcyclist's maneuver in going between the dashcam car and the back of the truck. But there's no question that the rider was fully alert and responded very well, keeping the bike under control in a very nasty situation.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a joke based on what I see here from the window of my taxi daily in BKK traffic...Lol

Guys with one hand on handgrip and the other cradling a phone in their lap and their head directed down while looking at the screen instead of head up scanning traffic and road conditions.

I am new here and still in the honeymoon stage...you won’t find even one example of Thai bashing.

Now as for typical TV reaction...wouldn’t that be the guy who posts just to take a slam at another member?

Cheers

On 3/25/2019 at 6:48 AM, dotpoom said:

The dash cam car also went merrily along his way, seemingly without a care for the truck driver.

One lorry did pull up though.

Afraid to say I would do exactly the same, carry on driving that is. 

Tyre blow-out is the biggest factor.

20 hours ago, ShortTimed said:

I am sorry I offended you.
I will try to be more delicate.
I see your icon of a Honda 125, I hope to be buying one soon.

No problem. No offence taken. Yes the Click is a great machine. I've been riding it for 4 years now and I'm soon upgrading to the new 150cc version.

Have a good day.

On 3/25/2019 at 9:01 PM, jimn said:

Lol I have not been over here that long we go back to the UK for a few months every summer. I fully understand what we do in the western world is the correct way to behave, but believe me as you found out, it can backfire on you. As other posters have pointed out, Thai's see a farlang and immediately they think money. You mark my words by doing the "right thing" over here only leads to you getting the blame for the accident. Sad but true

Total rubbish.

On 3/25/2019 at 10:06 PM, richard_smith237 said:

If he'd had mentioned 'old wives tale' he doesn't assume you are an Old Wife... These Myths that the 'Farang is always at fault' are myths perpetuated by guys ill equipped to handle life in a  foreign country and spend their days spewing out dumb gossip based their latest acquisition girl friend has told them.... 

I've helped at an accidents - not even a sniff of impropriety towards me....  (In Bangkok and Hua Hun).

....and always perpetuated by people who have absolutely no experience of it ever happening to them, I am pretty sure.

Archived