Non o Visa Savanakhet.

I have just left the consulate with the first stage of the process over, seemingly success. We got there at 8 the queue was already onto the pavement, by the time the gate opened it was now stretching up along side the parked tuk tuks, I started talking with an American gentle guy who was after a tourist visa and we chatted as the queue very slowly made it up the entrance slope into the building. After one hour they had only processed 20 ish people and we had only just made it into the court yard, they were asking for bank statements for all nationalities requesting a tourist visa, as my American friend got to the window same thing, I need bank statement she said, he left the queue as he didn’t have one.

At this point my heart sank as I to didn’t have one, I handed my papers over and waited for the worst, after a few minutes she said Ha Pan, I gave her the money she gave me my number and at this point the gates had now been shut and the line had been formed inside the building area, two guys were opening the gates to let people out.

• Like 1

The Savannakhet Consulate is known for requiring bank-statements for those applying for Tourist Visas in recent years.  They may also require proof of a flight out (historically allowing 90-days out) and proof of where the applicant will stay (hotel-booking or rental-contract).

For Non-O Visas based on Marriage to a Thai, these are not required.  They likely recognize the fact that, if you are married to a Thai, this indicates you must have the requisite income and place to live.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

How about Non O based on retirement?

Only a single entry Non O for retirement is available, and requires the showing of financial proof (800,000 baht equivalent in a bank anywhere).

• Like 2

Does this Non O retirement visa give you an initial full 12 months permission to stay?, or do you have to extend it at your local immigration within 3 months with the full proof of income or deposited funds circus?

13 minutes ago, sapson said:

Does this Non O retirement visa give you an initial full 12 months permission to stay?, or do you have to extend it at your local immigration within 3 months with the full proof of income or deposited funds circus?

Only an O/A visa provides for a 12 months permission to stay.

OK so the visa is valid 12 months, with each entry 90 days,which could be used for nearly 15 months...... and no need to maintain funds for further proof,or immigration trips other than 90 days reporting.

The initial 800k I presume just has to show on a bank statement for the day before submitting the paperwork at Savannakhet and doesnt need to have been in the account for set time period prior?

It is what it is ..........however why having proved your funds and got your visa based on retirement, are you forced to leave every 90 days as a stipulation...........what benefit is that to Thailand? maybe a logical reason behind it i am missing.

44 minutes ago, Percy P said:

No it entitles you to go in and out of the Kingdom as many times as you like within a time period of one year with a maximum stay not exceeding 90 day at one time.

Not the retirement one. That only gives you 1 entry for 90 days. The one based on marriage allows you to leave as many times as you wish until the "enter before date".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sapson said:

OK so the visa is valid 12 months, with each entry 90 days,which could be used for nearly 15 months...... and no need to maintain funds for further proof,or immigration trips other than 90 days reporting.

The initial 800k I presume just has to show on a bank statement for the day before submitting the paperwork at Savannakhet and doesnt need to have been in the account for set time period prior?

It is what it is ..........however why having proved your funds and got your visa based on retirement, are you forced to leave every 90 days as a stipulation...........what benefit is that to Thailand? maybe a logical reason behind it i am missing.

The visa based on retirement gives you one entry valid for 90 days. There is no 12 month visa available in Savannakhet based on retirement.

1 hour ago, sapson said:

In the link is a short report stating that a 90-day Non-O immigrant visa and 12 month extension based on retirement for a total of 15 months was issued in Savannakhet in January 2019.  The poster had proof of retirement in the form of a UK State Pension, bank book, bank letter, and used the combo method with properly seasoned funds. (90 day reports are to be made in Thailand like any other retirement extension - no border runs.)

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1081801-multi-entries-non-o-retirement-non-immigrant-for-being-retired-but-multi-entry-where-to-get-it-around-thailand/?tab=comments#comment-13799322

27 minutes ago, puchooay said:

The visa based on retirement gives you one entry valid for 90 days. There is no 12 month visa available in Savannakhet based on retirement.

ok a tad confused ... so you receive an initial 90 day permission to stay, then within that time you apply at your local immigration with the required financial proof and get a 12 month extension?

You are not in fact doing border runs every 90 days for a new stamp?

24 minutes ago, SEtonal said:

In the link is a short report stating that a 90-day Non-O immigrant visa and 12 month extension based on retirement for a total of 15 months was issued in Savannakhet in January 2019.  The poster had proof of retirement in the form of a UK State Pension, bank book, bank letter, and used the combo method with properly seasoned funds. (90 day reports are to be made in Thailand like any other retirement extension - no border runs.)

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1081801-multi-entries-non-o-retirement-non-immigrant-for-being-retired-but-multi-entry-where-to-get-it-around-thailand/?tab=comments#comment-13799322

No. Savannakhet do not issue extensions. The extention will have been issued at an immigration office in Thailand. If you are issued a multi O visa you cannot do 90 day reports as you must leave before the report is due. Look at the following post in that thread. That is referring to a single entry.

If he did get a multi O based on retirement, and that would be the first one I have heard of, in Savannakhet then he will need to leave Thailand every 90 days.

Edited by puchooay

2 minutes ago, sapson said:

You are not in fact doing border runs every 90 days for a new stamp?

Correct

After getting the extension you never need to leave the country and can apply another extension year after year. You just do reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country to immgiration.

22 minutes ago, SEtonal said:

just read this, thanks.........but it implies the poster did in fact get a 12month 0 A visa from Savannakhet which requires a border hop every 90 days and he didnt do a 12 month extension at his local immigration after the first entry.

OK to get clarification:

The O visa based on retirement issued at Savannakhet.

Requires initial non seasoned bank statement showing 800k at the time of application.

it provides a 3 month visa with a single entry of 90 days.

A further 12 months extension is issued at local immigration with associated financial circus nonsense.

The O visa based on marriage and requiring no financials is 12 months validity with max 90 days stays  before requiring a border hop and has a potential for 15 months use.

2 hours ago, sapson said:

The Non O retirement visa is valid for 90 days. Which can be extended for 12 months, at the discretion of the IO, provided same day 800K baht bank book entry and bank account guarantee letter and legit passport is made available at time of application.

The Non O retirement visa is valid for 90 days. Which can be extended for 12 months, at the discretion of the IO, provided same day 800K baht bank book entry and bank account guarantee letter and legit passport is made available at time of application.
That can't be right, not at Savannakhet. If you stay In Thailand you can't be expected to have the passbook and bank letter updated the same day?

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

That can't be right, not at Savannakhet. If you stay In Thailand you can't be expected to have the passbook and bank letter updated the same day?

I think he wrote that as a requirement for the extension not the visa.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

No, not in Savannakhet. But when the applicant want to request 12 months extension, after Non O visa expires, while living in Thailand.

Just in case i am wrong, what is the exact financial requirement for the initial O visa application from Savannakhet.

is it as i quoted before .. 800k or equivalent on a bank statement from the day or so before applying not having to have been on the account for a period of time?

I have had two Mutlu entire visa on retirement from savannahkept over the last 3 1/2 to 4 years you leave Thailand every 90 days and if you leave Thailand on the last day and return that day you will get another 90 days and don't ask any questions as I am sick and tired of the bull shit and leaving after 15 years on the 3 of April 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ba ba said:

I have had two Mutlu entire visa on retirement from savannahkept over the last 3 1/2 to 4 years you leave Thailand every 90 days and if you leave Thailand on the last day and return that day you will get another 90 days and don't ask any questions as I am sick and tired of the bull shit and leaving after 15 years on the 3 of April 

interesting being told in this thread their isnt a Savannakhet issued O retirement visa with multi entries border hops for a year...........just one 90 day single entry visa requiring extension at local extension for 12 months.

Was it a perhaps a marriage visa ?

Edited by sapson

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

A Non O for being over 50 is available at some consulates, but none in the region will give you a multiple entry Non O for being over 50, only a single entry. 

Penang is known to issue the Non-O Multi for retirement, and we have a couple reports of the Multi from Savannakhet, also.   Financials can be proof of income (bank-statements and/or pension-letters) or money "in the bank".

3 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Penang is known to issue the Non-O Multi for retirement, and we have a couple reports of the Multi from Savannakhet, also.   Financials can be proof of income (bank-statements and/or pension-letters) or money "in the bank".

Can you show proof for Savannaket for a Non O Multi based on retirement?

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

er Thailand on a visa exempt or a tourist visa, and apply for a non immigrant entry at your local immigration office based on your intention to later apply for one-year extensions, as above. This last option is often referred to as "conversion".

Thanks for the extensive explanation.

Re the conversion, what would be the initial requirements at immigration and what length of permission to stay would you receive? I presume 90 days, then required to submit the full financial proofs etc for a years extension.

17 minutes ago, sapson said:

Re the conversion, what would be the initial requirements at immigration and what length of permission to stay would you receive? I presume 90 days, then required to submit the full financial proofs etc for a years extension.

To apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration you need financial proof. If using the 800k baht in the bank option you have to show proof the funds came from abroad. See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

Then after getting the 90 day entry you could apply for the extension of stay during the last 30 days of it. The 800k baht would have to be in a bank for 2 months on the date you apply.