Non o Visa Savanakhet.

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

To apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration you need financial proof. If using the 800k baht in the bank option you have to show proof the funds came from abroad. See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

Then after getting the 90 day entry you could apply for the extension of stay during the last 30 days of it. The 800k baht would have to be in a bank for 2 months on the date you apply.

Thanks for the response.

if applying for the O retirement at Savannakhet what exact financial evidence do you need ? 

I presume 800k baht on a bank statement form the day before etc........or does it need to have been on the account for any prior period of time.?

1 hour ago, khwaibah said:

Can you show proof for Savannaket for a Non O Multi based on retirement?

According to this report, yes:

... and another post just above in this thread:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1091433-non-o-visa-savanakhet/?do=findComment&comment=13976946

22 minutes ago, sapson said:

if applying for the O retirement at Savannakhet what exact financial evidence do you need ? 

I presume 800k baht on a bank statement form the day before etc........or does it need to have been on the account for any prior period of time.? 

There has never been a "seasoning" requirement for Non-O Visa applications (90-days permitted-stay on each entry) that I have seen reported.

But, some consulates are now requiring seasoning of money for Non-O-A Visa applications (1-year permitted-stay on each entry), which can only be done in one's passport-country.

Edited by JackThompson

There has never been a "seasoning" requirement for Non-O Visa applications (90-days permitted-stay on each entry) that I have seen reported.

So does that mean when you provide a bank statement of 800k baht equivalent they are relaxed it being a day old, week old, couple weeks old? its a long way to go to have the wrong bank statements printed out

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

So does that mean when you provide a bank statement of 800k baht equivalent they are relaxed it being a day old, week old, couple weeks old? its a long way to go to have the wrong bank statements printed out

It is up to the consulate how old they can be, but reports indicate they tend not to be crazy about it like Immigration - demanding "same day" statements, vs a few days old, for no rational purpose (other than work-avoidance and/or agent-use encouragement). 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

It is up to the consulate how old they can be, but reports indicate they tend not to be crazy about it like Immigration - demanding "same day" statements, vs a few days old, for no rational purpose (other than work-avoidance and/or agent-use encouragement). 

Mmm   - More unsubstantiated rumour based not on personal experience but on unvalidated, anonymous 'reports'.

33 minutes ago, KarlS said:

Mmm   - More unsubstantiated rumour based not on personal experience but on unvalidated, anonymous 'reports'.

That is what this forum consists of - 'reports'. 

In this context, have yet to see any report of consulates demanding same-day bank-statements.  We have many reports of some immigration offices requiring this. 

Anyone is welcome to share more specific info as to the exact max-age of a bank-statement used for a Non-O at a specific consulate, of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2019 at 12:13 PM, Samuel Smith said:

Avoid going on a Monday.  Last week people queued for nearly 3 hours.  On the tuesday, only about 40 applicants.

I was there Tuesday last week. Joined the queue half way down the slope near the footpath. There was only one immigration window open, but even so, I was surprised how quickly they processed everyone. Even quicker on the Wednesday of course, when we only had to pick up. I assumed it was always like that. As you say, avoid Mondays.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danthai said:

Has anyone over 60 in Chiangmai used fly method to get close to friendship bridge to avoid long bus trip. What is the closest you can get to by air to Savank..Laos. Sounds like option for last resorts. 

I fly to Khon Kaen, airport bus to the outer bus station (20bht), bus or van to Mukdahan bus station (250bht).

Overnight bus back to Chiang Mai (700bht, Mukdahan, change at Khon Kaen) as the flights don't match up well.

Edited by BritManToo

37 minutes ago, Danthai said:

Has anyone over 60 in Chiangmai used fly method to get close to friendship bridge to avoid long bus trip. What is the closest you can get to by air to Savank..Laos. Sounds like option for last resorts. 

You destination would be the bridge in Mukdahan.

You can fly to Udon Thani from CM and take a bus to Mukdahan. Edit: Add CNX to Khon Kaen (KKC) on Air Asia as an option (see later posts)

After that fly/ride service via Don Mueang to Mukdahan on Nok Air (more choices) or Air Asia.

Edited by ubonjoe

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What airline did you fly?

I cannot find any direct flights today.

AirAsia, Chiang Mai (CNX) to Khon Kaen (KKC), MNKJ9M, MW1FRN, around 900bht

I actually prefer Saigon these days (3k return VietJet), as it's more fun for a weeks holiday.

(off next week)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

AirAsia, Chiang Mai (CNX) to Khon Kaen (KKC), MNKJ9M, MW1FRN, around 900bht

Thanks

A Google search did not show Air Asia. Just checked AA website and it is still possible.

39 minutes ago, Danthai said:

You can fly to Savannakhet Airport in Laos from Vientiane or Bangkok I believe, and avoid the border crossing.  But that method would require a longer stay.  

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You can fly to Savannakhet Airport in Laos from Vientiane or Bangkok I believe, and avoid the border crossing.  But that method would require a longer stay.  

Plus it is a lot more expensive.

Lao Airlines fly from BKK to Savannakhet with a stop in Pakse Laos. It requires a 4 night stay and the flights are not dailey.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Why a longer stay required?

Anyone know the best way to go from Pattaya?

Afternoon arrivals mean you can not submit application same day and as above if flying Bangkok/Pakse/Savannakhet service is not every day.  The normal is bus to Mukdahan and cross border bus from same station - this gets you to Consulate in morning so can apply same time (before go hotel) as bus passes Consulate or you can take transport directly from crossing to Consulate to save a bit more time.  There are also fly/ride options via other NE cities but when you add everything up not much savings in time and probably more trouble than worth.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

Afternoon arrivals mean you can not submit application same day and as above if flying Bangkok/Pakse/Savannakhet service is not every day.  The normal is bus to Mukdahan and cross border bus from same station - this gets you to Consulate in morning so can apply same time (before go hotel) as bus passes Consulate or you can take transport directly from crossing to Consulate to save a bit more time.  There are also fly/ride options via other NE cities but when you add everything up not much savings in time and probably more trouble than worth.

If going by bus to Mukdahan, where do you get the bus in Pattaya?

35 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I would strongly avoid taking that Yellow bus from Pattaya unless you want to go on a endless 12-15 hour bus ride detour of Issan making lots of stops along the way as they go to

Surin, Yasothon, and Umnatcharoen before reaching Mukdahan. When I lived in Pattaya I caught the bus from Bangkok Mochit bus terminal and took the express non stop gold class Nokan Chai bus company  to Mukdahan.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nightfox said:

I would strongly avoid taking that Yellow bus from Pattaya unless you want to go on a endless 12-15 hour bus ride detour of Issan making lots of stops along the way

that was called the mail run.

37 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

5 minutes ago, nightfox said:

I would strongly avoid taking that Yellow bus from Pattaya unless you want to go on a endless 12-15 hour bus ride detour of Issan making lots of stops along the way as they go to

Another option is Nakhonchai Air VIP bus from Pattaya to Ubon Ratchathani. Then change to a bus to Mukdahan.

1 hour ago, nightfox said:

Surin, Yasothon, and Umnatcharoen before reaching Mukdahan. When I lived in Pattaya I caught the bus from Bangkok Mochit bus terminal and took the express non stop gold class Nokan Chai bus company  to Mukdahan.

I agree on skipping the Yellow Bus.  You'd need to buy 2 seats to have any level of comfort on their so-called "VIP" (which is not really VIP). 

When traveling alone, I like to get the seat "by itself" next to the isle in a "real VIP" 3-across seating bus.

But from Morchit, I found the best "Real VIP" bus with good legroom was the "Sahaphan" company's VIP bus.  The "Transport Company" bus looks nice, but has those plastic-boxes around the seats on that route, so when you recline, your legs are pushed forward, and leg-room is sacrificed. 

Nakhonchai Air are clean and comfortable, but only have 4-across seating on their "gold" buses.  I use this when traveling with my wife. 

57 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Another option is Nakhonchai Air VIP bus from Pattaya to Ubon Ratchathani. Then change to a bus to Mukdahan.

That might be worth it, just to avoid the crappy Pattaya -> MorChit bus.  Maybe there is a NCA bus to Mor Chit, which could be a good combination.

Edited by JackThompson

That might be worth it, just to avoid the crappy Pattaya -> MorChit bus.  Maybe there is a NCA bus to Mor Chit, which could be a good combination.
Sounds like a pain in the backside to get to. I'll give Jomtien a go first, it was just a plan B in case they were difficult

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

Sounds like a pain in the backside to get to. I'll give Jomtien a go first, it was just a plan B in case they were difficult

I've gone by Yellow Bus from Pattaya, and Sahapan and Sombat from Bangkok. I would say if you can get a VIP seat downstairs on the Yellow Bus, far better. Although Sahapan and Sombat are supposedly VIP, they are 4 seats across, and very narrow seats with limited legroom.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Danthai said:

Nok Air has a direct flight from CM to Ubon on Sun, Mon, Wed and Fri.  Depart CM at 09:25 arrives at 11:20.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, justsignedin said:

I've gone by Yellow Bus from Pattaya, and Sahapan and Sombat from Bangkok. I would say if you can get a VIP seat downstairs on the Yellow Bus, far better. Although Sahapan and Sombat are supposedly VIP, they are 4 seats across, and very narrow seats with limited legroom.

Wrong Saphan class, then, I think.  I didn't try them until my 3rd trip to Mukdahan, and it was the best of them all - definitely 3 seats across - slept like a baby.  When choosing a seat, a map of the bus-layout should be presented on a screen - so you can choose your seat, and ensure it "really is" a 3-across-seating bus.