Palang Pracharat leader ready to form coalition government

webfact

Palang Pracharat leader ready to form coalition government

1112.jpg

The pro-Prayut Palang Pracharat party leader announced late last night that the party is ready to take the lead in forming a coalition government.

Mr. Uttama Savanayana said that the party had already approached some allies, which he declined to name until unofficial results of the election are announced by the Election Commission (EC), adding that the party would try to get as many as 250 parliamentary votes in order to form a coalition government.

He said he had already spoken to the party’s prime ministerial candidate, incumbent Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who thanked all party members for their contribution to the election.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/palang-pracharat-leader-ready-to-form-coalition-government/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-03-25

He said he had already spoken to the party’s prime ministerial candidate, incumbent Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who thanked all party members for their contribution to the election.

He means literally buying the votes????

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

A task make harder due to FFP massive win. Well unless they go with their fall back plan to dissolve FFP. 

Lets hope not, but if they do would that not mean a new election ? How would they calculate it.

Anyway I looked at coalitions and for both the PTP and Palang Pracharat it will be real hard to get a large enough majority. 

9 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

He might be ready, but in good democratic tradition, the biggest party is the one to make a move.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Yes your right but whoever is going to make the move it will be hard for both sides. For the PTP it will be easier to get a majority in parliament but not easy to get the 375 (stupid that the senate can vote for a PM) 

For the junta party it will be hard to get a majority in parliament but easy to get to the 375 to choose the prime minister. 

Hard spot for all of them, but I agree let the PTP try first despite their huge loss (only to be eclipsed by the loss of votes by the democrats) they are still the biggest party.

1 hour ago, anterian said:

The FFP did too well they will have to be dissolved now. 

From a Thai friend on Saturday evening.

"BREAKING—Latest private polling by political parties and independent agencies confirms my prediction that Pheu Thai + Future Forward + Pheu Chart will probably win more than 250 seats, a majority in parliament but far below what they need to appoint a prime minister.

This means dissolution of Pheu Thai and/or Future Forward is looking increasingly likely. 

We are facing another Thai political crisis."

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

Lets hope not, but if they do would that not mean a new election ? How would they calculate it.

Anyway I looked at coalitions and for both the PTP and Palang Pracharat it will be real hard to get a large enough majority. 

Your reply to Sjaak is what I am referring to. No chance for government but a toss for Parliament. If FFP win more than 80 seats and with PTP/other like minded parties 160-170, they will take Parliament. 

The computation for Palang Pracharat and possible Dem, BJT and ACT will not make 250. FFP really throw a spanner into the computation plus the Dem losing so many seats. 

8 minutes ago, Thailand said:

From a Thai friend on Saturday evening.

"BREAKING—Latest private polling by political parties and independent agencies confirms my prediction that Pheu Thai + Future Forward + Pheu Chart will probably win more than 250 seats, a majority in parliament but far below what they need to appoint a prime minister.

This means dissolution of Pheu Thai and/or Future Forward is looking increasingly likely. 

We are facing another Thai political crisis."

Your Thai friend was wrong.. they are 25 seats short of 250 (in the latest count)

It was always 100% clear that it would be Prayut as PM and so this is not a loss for me as that much was always clear.

I was hoping for a coalition government with Pro democracy groups forming the majority. This is where the fun really starts because it will be complete and utter Chaos and uncle will not know whether he is coming or going.

But in that basis I would say 90% certain that FFP are dissolved

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Your reply to Sjaak is what I am referring to. No chance for government but a toss for Parliament. If FFP win more than 80 seats and with PTP/other like minded parties 160-170, they will take Parliament. 

The computation for Palang Pracharat and possible Dem, BJT and ACT will not make 250. FFP really throw a spanner into the computation plus the Dem losing so many seats. 

119 (PP)+52 BJT and 55 democrat = 226 

If they can persuade the smaller parties then they could just about make it. (would still be hard i think so many parties but it happens in my country)

PTP 135 + 86 FF + 52 BJT = 273  .. so yes parliament will work.. PM wont work

Just stupid that the senators can vote for the PM. totally stupid rule.

What i wonder is if FF goes in a coalition with PTP and BJT will they accept all the corruption that comes with it or will they be strong enough to blow it up when it gets too bad.

Everyone will want to be on the Palang Pracharat government....easiest route to the trough with less likelihood of disruption when feeding their fat faces for the next 20 plus years....PP control army and EC and anti corruption people so it’s a no brainer.

Principles certainly will not enter into it.

If they can persuade the smaller parties then they could just about make it. (would still be hard i think so many parties but it happens in my country)

What i wonder is if FF goes in a coalition with PTP and BJT will they accept all the corruption that comes with it or will they be strong enough to blow it up when it gets too bad.

Yes but this rule is voted by the people...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I am confident important decisions will be made behind closed doors so as not to upset the kids, extraordinary that reporters expect politicians to answer questions, next thing they'll want one man one vote, transparency and people serving a nation rather than viewing it as business opportunity.

Fortunately our glorious leaders have no interest in personal wealth according to tickwatch.

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

Things will be clearer after the EC count the votes at 2pm. 

PTP 135 seats not including party list. My source said that the party likely to win up to 163 seats combined. So parliament majority quite realistic. 

Most of PTP and FFP campaign policies were quite similar. I have yet to hear Thanathorn spoke on corruption policies. Think he will accept with reasonable restrain on some corruption nuances. IMO their anti military stance is foremost and dominate their support of the coalition.

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

PTP 135 seats not including party list. My source said that the party likely to win up to 163 seats combined. So parliament majority quite realistic. 

Most of PTP and FFP campaign policies were quite similar. I have yet to hear Thanathorn spoke on corruption policies. Think he will accept with reasonable restrain on some corruption nuances. IMO their anti military stance is foremost and dominate their support of the coalition.

Basically then in terms of sheet entertainment value things have got a lot better right?

i don’t care about the government or what happens I just want some excitement.

So what’s the bottom line? Will we get some excitement from this? Obviously a coup would be the most exciting and what I am hoping for.

My prediction:

PPP form a government: Coloured shirts on the streets within a year.  Army on the government's side.

PTP form a government: Different coloured shirts on the streets within 2 years.  Army on the protestors side.

Yes your right but whoever is going to make the move it will be hard for both sides. For the PTP it will be easier to get a majority in parliament but not easy to get the 375 (stupid that the senate can vote for a PM) 

For the junta party it will be hard to get a majority in parliament but easy to get to the 375 to choose the prime minister. 

Hard spot for all of them, but I agree let the PTP try first despite their huge loss (only to be eclipsed by the loss of votes by the democrats) they are still the biggest party.
As far as I know, the senators can only vote for the pm If the lower house fails to agree on one. All PT needs to do is get ffp and one other party on board and the senators don't get to vote.

How freely such a government can actually run the country is another matter entirely.

Okay, excuse my ignorance here please, some of you are saying that FFF could be dissolved, under what reasons ?? And surly if this were to happen it would be inviting trouble back onto the streets !!

Not a wise move in my book.

As I have stated before, my understanding of Thai politics is limited, so no smart Alec remarks thank you ????????

19 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

As far as I know, the senators can only vote for the pm If the lower house fails to agree on one. All PT needs to do is get ffp and one other party on board and the senators don't get to vote.

How freely such a government can actually run the country is another matter entirely.

Then let them form a government they got the most votes. Will be interesting to see how things will work. 

34 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Yes he is more anti military (not a bad thing) then anti corruption. Though he is one of the few who for instance put his money in a blind trust. I would say he would not look to kindly on policies that are corrupt as it would smear his image too. 

25 minutes ago, bowerboy said:

Basically then in terms of sheet entertainment value things have got a lot better right?

i don’t care about the government or what happens I just want some excitement.

So what’s the bottom line? Will we get some excitement from this? Obviously a coup would be the most exciting and what I am hoping for.

My 2 cents worth of prediction then.

PTP coalition goes for a no confidence vote of Prayut. They get it via majority. 

Government in chaos. Suthep warned to stay out. No demonstrations on streets. UDD dealt a lesson not to be on the streets and will not appear. 

Prayut cant bring in military as an excuse because he is not army chief and has no direct command. 

Someone will I’ll step in and mediate a solution. Prayut is dispensed for a civilian PM. That someone will gained goodwill and respect he craved from the people. 

FF and PT seem to be a natural match, while PPR and the Dems will also team up.  The key party will be BJT.  Now, a FF,PT and BJT coalition would have more than 250 votes just on their own,  However, a PPR, Dem and BJT coalition will still need at least 2 of the smaller parties to join them to make a majority.

I would guess that Thaksin is making Newin, or whoever runs BJT now, increasingly desperate and attractive offers to join his coalition while Phrayut is busy crafting an 'offer he can't refuse'!

Just now, otherstuff1957 said:

FF and PT seem to be a natural match, while PPR and the Dems will also team up.  The key party will be BJT.  Now, a FF,PT and BJT coalition would have more than 250 votes just on their own,  However, a PPR, Dem and BJT coalition will still need at least 2 of the smaller parties to join them to make a majority.

I would guess that Thaksin is making Newin, or whoever runs BJT now, increasingly desperate and attractive offers to join his coalition while Phrayut is busy crafting an 'offer he can't refuse'!

Tough decisions to make, Thaksin will offer him money and Prayut will promise him that he wont have electrodes attached to his genitals.

Archived