Palang Pracharat leader ready to form coalition government

webfact

19 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Okay, excuse my ignorance here please, some of you are saying that FFF could be dissolved, under what reasons ?? And surly if this were to happen it would be inviting trouble back onto the streets !!

Not a wise move in my book.

As I have stated before, my understanding of Thai politics is limited, so no smart Alec remarks thank you ????????

See TV thread here. He recently purchased 6,000,000 shares in a media company. It is illegal for candidates to own media interests here. Then a few days ago he transferred the  shares to his mother. His mother is a well to do businesswoman in here own right.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1091242-thanathorn-may-be-in-trouble-over-alleged-share-holding-in-media-firm/

25 minutes ago, otherstuff1957 said:

FF and PT seem to be a natural match, while PPR and the Dems will also team up.  The key party will be BJT.  Now, a FF,PT and BJT coalition would have more than 250 votes just on their own,  However, a PPR, Dem and BJT coalition will still need at least 2 of the smaller parties to join them to make a majority.

I would guess that Thaksin is making Newin, or whoever runs BJT now, increasingly desperate and attractive offers to join his coalition while Phrayut is busy crafting an 'offer he can't refuse'!

A counter offer as it were, I am sure you also remember Prayuth's little trip to Buriram a few months ago ???? 

39 minutes ago, rabas said:

See TV thread here. He recently purchased 6,000,000 shares in a media company. It is illegal for candidates to own media interests here. Then a few days ago he transferred the  shares to his mother. His mother is a well to do businesswoman in here own right.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1091242-thanathorn-may-be-in-trouble-over-alleged-share-holding-in-media-firm/

Yes I read that thread and was under the impression from what boonrawdcnx wrote that that had been debunked as more fake news ? is it ? can they still come after him and his party ? An extremely stupid move in my book. Trouble t'mill if they do.

1 hour ago, rabas said:

It wasn't "a few days ago". The shares were transferred in January, before he was named as the candidate and most likely in order to MEET the rules.

https://www.facebook.com/ThanathornOfficial/photos/a.384655255271488/576831106053901/?type=3&theater

So yes, fake news indeed. And timed just before the ban on political discourse so he had very little chance to rebut the accusation.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Tough decisions to make, Thaksin will offer him money and Prayut will promise him that he wont have electrodes attached to his genitals.

Really not that tough a decision for BJT to join PPRP and save his genitals from harm. After all, BJT was created to represent the military's electoral interests back in 2007. They are beholden to the military. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The pro-Prayut Palang Pracharat party leader announced late last night that the party is ready to take the lead in forming a coalition government.

Speaks volumes considering the result hasn't been announced yet !

I’m honestly having trouble trying to figure out exactly what’s currently going on with the election results as of right now and it’s Monday at 9:18PM.  Is Thailand facing another political crisis because that’s what it’s looking like.  

1 minute ago, Jim7777 said:

Does anyone know what the current status is of the election results as of now?  I’m seriously having trouble getting the facts.  

Full results will be announced this Friday. Was supposed to be done today but EC delayed the announcement. However under the election law, the official result will be completed within 60 days i.e sometime in May. By then the EC will complete investigation of all complaints and issue red and yellow cards. That will be the official result that will be royally gazette. 

Archived