Mae Sai report

On leaving Thailand clear large sign in English about having cash to re enter as others have noted.Sign seems larger?

On entering Burma / Union of Myanmar they have changed again back to a paper receipt for passport but no photo unlike old days $10 /500 baht. So you leave your passport and pick up as usual over the rd when leaving.

On re entering LOS the guy at the foreign passport box does NOT have re entry cards and they are not on the pen table I had to go the office in the middle, he wanted to retain passport mainly so as to deal with me and not a line of Chinese before his lunch break, however I needed the passport for while I can remember the number I could not remember the visa number. He groaned as did the line as he didn't wish to exert himself serving others .As I passed through the X Ray scanner he'd gone to lunch and still not served those behind me at the one "box' serving foreigners.

Then stamped in on my O visa in passport, no funds shown, but officer forgot to date the re entry card, luckily I opened the passport and checked and requested a stamp. He reluctantly sighed and performed his "job" and so it goes.

P.S. for anyone with breathing or asthma issues it was the worst air quality I have ever seen there almost like Chinese cities, AQI was well over 300 most of the day, many people wearing masks, you could barely see the cool refreshing suds in the 7-11 from the border and of course a benefit as none were for sale !

Level right now at Koh Chang hospital is 421 !!

http://aqicn.org/city/thailand/koh-chang-sub-district-health-promoting-hospital-maesai/

Edited by RubbaJohnny