Air Quality

RubbaJohnny

Where for a breath of fresh air ?

With no action taken on annual burning the air quality up North is becoming unbearable and hazardous.

824 at Phayao this morning.Most of Phayao C Rai and C Mai have been over hazard levels in recent weeks

Other than relocate where would be the best province for fresh air holiday during the burning month of March.

I would want to avoid the violent areas of deep south and Bangkok. I would hope the Gulf coast or islands would at least have fresh sea breezes, or would Andaman side be preferable in terms of air quality? or may deepest Esan?

Plus they burn their plastic in Isan. Air in Korat, Khon Khaen is quite bad. Some provinces like Khonkhaen have bad air quality in every village (if the province  grows a lot of sugar cane,  which is burnt before harvesting).

Southern provinces are ok, your best bet. 

Andamsan sometimes (but only sometimes) gets the haze from Indonesia,  will start soon. 

Doesn't 7/11 in CM sell bottled breathing air? I heard it's even cheaper than bottled drinking water. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Download the 'AirVisual' app to your phone or laptop. 

It shows prevalent air currents and air quality indices for Thailand and global locations. 

I live in Chaam and the sea breeze is nice here and AQL is low. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, uhuh said:

Plus they burn their plastic in Isan. Air in Korat, Khon Khaen is quite bad. Some provinces like Khonkhaen have bad air quality in every village (if the province  grows a lot of sugar cane,  which is burnt before harvesting).

Southern provinces are ok, your best bet. 

Andamsan sometimes (but only sometimes) gets the haze from Indonesia,  will start soon. 

Doesn't 7/11 in CM sell bottled breathing air? I heard it's even cheaper than bottled drinking water. 

Yep agree, I live in Krabi, clear and clean air, Indonesia is just a haze and the sea breeze soon clears it and very minimalistic, worse air is in Krabi town at rush hour...well rush fifteen mins!! Other side, Khanom etc just as good...but there's enough of us here already!!!

I have my own Villa and a small Resort here on Koh Samui.  Yes it's hot, but this is Thailand and its is Summer time after all!  But we are only 300 meters from the sea and many of our Guests love it to bits, some staying as long as 6 months and returning year on year.  Good luck in finding somewhere that is considerabley further South than Bangkok!

4 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Nice and clear in Ko Lanta this morning, AQI 25.

The islands just visible are some 20km offshore.

kolanta.jpg

yeah the south is the only remaining area in Thailand with decent air quality for much of the year.

Regional haze map as of 9 am today:

436160875_2019-03-2613_36_56.jpg.405bb4d480213dc835516040f1c4168d.jpg

Dense smoke haze was observed over many parts of Myanmar and in northern Thailand and Lao PDR. The prevailing winds have been blowing the smoke haze to northern Viet Nam.

http://www.weather.gov.sg/warning-haze-information

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I'm in Phuket, and this morning read AQI 41 on my balcony. I'm happy with that. Be aware that the monitoring station in Phuket does not include pm2.5, so when you see Phuket reading 24 on aqi.org, it's not. It's been averaging about 100 the past three weeks.

I've been traveling the south of Thailand (Krabi, Hua Hin, Phuket) and have a meter with me. I'd have to say I'm disappointed in the air quality of what are supposed to be the cleanest areas in Thailand. Beats the hell out of Chiang Mai though, at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unify said:

I'm in Phuket, and this morning read AQI 41 on my balcony. I'm happy with that. Be aware that the monitoring station in Phuket does not include pm2.5, so when you see Phuket reading 24 on aqi.org, it's not. It's been averaging about 100 the past three weeks.

I've been traveling the south of Thailand (Krabi, Hua Hin, Phuket) and have a meter with me. I'd have to say I'm disappointed in the air quality of what are supposed to be the cleanest areas in Thailand. Beats the hell out of Chiang Mai though, at the moment.

There's more than one way to skin the pollution cat:

1203375931_2019-03-2619_09_12.jpg.33d5179d144604dcf02c065ade1a3f62.jpg

https://www.airvisual.com/thailand/phuket

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Unify said:

Looking at the airpure readings it generally looks pretty good.  What are you using and what are your readings?