Jump to content
BANGKOK
Isaanben

New Immigration Office in Kalasin?

Recommended Posts

A friend of mine went to IO in Roi Et last friday and when they saw he lived in Kalasin they told him that a new office would be opened in Kalasin in a couple of months. Anybody else heard about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

the talk of a Kalasin imm  office has been circulating for about 3 years

now  however of late the imm office in Sakon Nakhon  did mention it to my wife  on our last visit  that APRIL MAY  seems to be the latest GUESS 

 

but i wouldn't bet on it

Edited by Lamkyong
edit
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2019 at 12:12 PM, Isaanben said:

A friend of mine went to IO in Roi Et last friday and when they saw he lived in Kalasin they told him that a new office would be opened in Kalasin in a couple of months. Anybody else heard about this?

Supposed to be a new one opening in Nong Bua Lamphu too, so I was told last month. but nothing has happened so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A friend of mine went to IO in Roi Et last friday and when they saw he lived in Kalasin 

 

 

if he lives in KALASIN surely he should be using the SAKON NAKHON   office

Edited by Lamkyong
EDIT
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

A friend of mine went to IO in Roi Et last friday and when they saw he lived in Kalasin 

 

 

if he lives in KALASIN surely he should be using the SAKON NAKHON   office

He is here on a tourist visa and got a 30 day extension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Isaanben said:

He is here on a tourist visa and got a 30 day extension.

OK. my bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the recent farang additions to Kalasin called the Sakon Nakhon Immg. office and was told that the new Kalasin Office was now open "Across from the Police Offices"...   I spoke to several different Officers at 4 different Offices on Friday and none knew anything about an Immigration Office...  We will be calling Sakon Immigration Office again on Tuesday to get the phone # for the Kalasin Office and then we will know for sure where it is located...

 

Pianoman

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 1:44 PM, pianoman said:

One of the recent farang additions to Kalasin called the Sakon Nakhon Immg. office and was told that the new Kalasin Office was now open "Across from the Police Offices"...   I spoke to several different Officers at 4 different Offices on Friday and none knew anything about an Immigration Office...  We will be calling Sakon Immigration Office again on Tuesday to get the phone # for the Kalasin Office and then we will know for sure where it is located...

 

Pianoman

Spoke to Sakon Nakhon Immig. yesterday and they said that the New (but temporary) Office was located on the 2nd floor of the Tessa Ban building, but were waiting for someone from BKK to install the computers...  More than likely it will be after the Songkan Craziness...   After living in Kalasin for the past 17+ years, I never thought that it would happen...

 

Pianoman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus I suppose that it has to be announced officially as well before they can start operating. I wonder how they are going to contact all of us living in Kalasin...I can see some people just going to Sakhon Nakhon if they are unaware there is a Kalasin office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry this is about Kalasin but not the Immigration Office.

 

I read there was a good museum in Kalasin (not the dinosaur one), in the former town hall.  We stopped on our way to Roi Et but could not find it.  I asked at the post office where no-one had heard of a museum.  We then asked at the Citizen's Advice Bureau (?) (one stop help office) again no-one knew anything.  After some pushing they found it had been in the old town hall but that has now been emptied and they had no idea if the museum had died or to where it had been moved.

 

We are planning to drive to Baan Chiang and could detour to Kalasin if anyone knows the museum exists.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 10:36 AM, pianoman said:

Spoke to Sakon Nakhon Immig. yesterday and they said that the New (but temporary) Office was located on the 2nd floor of the Tessa Ban building, but were waiting for someone from BKK to install the computers...  More than likely it will be after the Songkan Craziness...   After living in Kalasin for the past 17+ years, I never thought that it would happen...

 

Pianoman

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign is Up and the Office is open...  Last week they were doing 90 Day Reports and said the they will be fully operational with in the next two weeks....

Pianoman 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pianoman said:

Sign is Up and the Office is open...  Last week they were doing 90 Day Reports and said the they will be fully operational with in the next two weeks....

Pianoman 

Thank you, nice to hear! Have to do my 90 day report next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that very good news but where is the new office [tessaban office?]

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, eddiev said:

Thanks for that very good news but where is the new office [tessaban office?]

If you do a search on Google Maps, for "Immigration Office, Kalasin"  it should come up and not hard to find...

 

Pianoman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...