New Immigration Office in Kalasin?

Isaanben

the talk of a Kalasin imm  office has been circulating for about 3 years

now  however of late the imm office in Sakon Nakhon  did mention it to my wife  on our last visit  that APRIL MAY  seems to be the latest GUESS 

but i wouldn't bet on it

On 3/25/2019 at 12:12 PM, Isaanben said:

A friend of mine went to IO in Roi Et last friday and when they saw he lived in Kalasin they told him that a new office would be opened in Kalasin in a couple of months. Anybody else heard about this?

Supposed to be a new one opening in Nong Bua Lamphu too, so I was told last month. but nothing has happened so far.

2 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

A friend of mine went to IO in Roi Et last friday and when they saw he lived in Kalasin 

if he lives in KALASIN surely he should be using the SAKON NAKHON   office

He is here on a tourist visa and got a 30 day extension.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the recent farang additions to Kalasin called the Sakon Nakhon Immg. office and was told that the new Kalasin Office was now open "Across from the Police Offices"...   I spoke to several different Officers at 4 different Offices on Friday and none knew anything about an Immigration Office...  We will be calling Sakon Immigration Office again on Tuesday to get the phone # for the Kalasin Office and then we will know for sure where it is located...

Pianoman

On 4/7/2019 at 1:44 PM, pianoman said:

One of the recent farang additions to Kalasin called the Sakon Nakhon Immg. office and was told that the new Kalasin Office was now open "Across from the Police Offices"...   I spoke to several different Officers at 4 different Offices on Friday and none knew anything about an Immigration Office...  We will be calling Sakon Immigration Office again on Tuesday to get the phone # for the Kalasin Office and then we will know for sure where it is located...

Pianoman

Spoke to Sakon Nakhon Immig. yesterday and they said that the New (but temporary) Office was located on the 2nd floor of the Tessa Ban building, but were waiting for someone from BKK to install the computers...  More than likely it will be after the Songkan Craziness...   After living in Kalasin for the past 17+ years, I never thought that it would happen...

Pianoman

Plus I suppose that it has to be announced officially as well before they can start operating. I wonder how they are going to contact all of us living in Kalasin...I can see some people just going to Sakhon Nakhon if they are unaware there is a Kalasin office.

Sorry this is about Kalasin but not the Immigration Office.

I read there was a good museum in Kalasin (not the dinosaur one), in the former town hall.  We stopped on our way to Roi Et but could not find it.  I asked at the post office where no-one had heard of a museum.  We then asked at the Citizen's Advice Bureau (?) (one stop help office) again no-one knew anything.  After some pushing they found it had been in the old town hall but that has now been emptied and they had no idea if the museum had died or to where it had been moved.

We are planning to drive to Baan Chiang and could detour to Kalasin if anyone knows the museum exists.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 10:36 AM, pianoman said:

Spoke to Sakon Nakhon Immig. yesterday and they said that the New (but temporary) Office was located on the 2nd floor of the Tessa Ban building, but were waiting for someone from BKK to install the computers...  More than likely it will be after the Songkan Craziness...   After living in Kalasin for the past 17+ years, I never thought that it would happen...

Pianoman

2 hours ago, pianoman said:

Sign is Up and the Office is open...  Last week they were doing 90 Day Reports and said the they will be fully operational with in the next two weeks....

Pianoman 

Thank you, nice to hear! Have to do my 90 day report next week. 

19 hours ago, eddiev said:

Thanks for that very good news but where is the new office [tessaban office?]

If you do a search on Google Maps, for "Immigration Office, Kalasin"  it should come up and not hard to find...

Pianoman

2 hours ago, eddiev said:

OK ,i understand you don't know so we will drive there tomorrow and ask at the police station ;it's only one hour away

Use google maps, write Kalasin Municipal Office. Immigration office is inside that building.

Yes, it's near the large parking across the street from the police station. Easy to find, has signs all over the place. I haven't had the chance yet to go in though.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, is now open. Was there 10th June.  Very small room which is shared with another dept. On the day there only one officer processing. All very plesent and cordial, albeit only seating for about 10.  Six of those seats occupied by farangs, others where Laos reporting residential address. 

When speaking to the IO he mentioned, didnt realise so many foreigners in Kalasin. They are looking to locate to a larger place. But knowing how quick things move here . . .    l can see a ticket system being needed very soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Has anyone made a TM30 report at Kalasin immigration?  I have lived in Kalasin for about 8 years on a marriage based non o or extensions, over the last 2 years I have been outside of Thailand a lot of the time and been visiting using visa exempts. I have recently obtained a new marriage based non o and would appreciate any info. on the TM30 specific to Kalasin immigration. 

Cheers

i too live in KALASIN area and was kindly advised by a friend that they were requiring tm 30 form   i went to the office and registered   for the last 10 years i have not left the country. i have  visited other provinces over the years but have stayed with family members  so i declined to report this  (hush hush)  they required to see my passport  to prove no entry/reentry    also when my friend was at the office he did say that others were seemingly  being advised and fined for nor completing tm 30  on their recent movements

having said all this i believe the io at K seems to be a nice bloke  so no agg

I went to do my 90 days today at the Immigration office in Kalasin. As always, I was greeted in a friendly manner. After I finished my 90 days, the officer said he was happy I did my TM30. I asked is it strictly being enforced and he said that every time I leave my house for longer than 24 hours I would need to register again at Kalasin Immigration. I asked if I could do this over the app (which I already did, but just in case) and he said yes. So basically, they are enforcing the rule now and he encouraged me to tell people I know to come and register asap.

Thanks for the heads up JoeW.

Could you please tell me what is required to register at the office? I live in my wife's house for which I have the yellow book so I guess that along with my passport and completed TM30 form is all I need.

On 8/31/2019 at 7:29 AM, jim hayes said:

Thanks for the heads up JoeW.

Could you please tell me what is required to register at the office? I live in my wife's house for which I have the yellow book so I guess that along with my passport and completed TM30 form is all I need.

That should be enough, but better to bring your wife's blue book and her ID-card with you as well. I actually did not register at Kalasin Immigration, but registered myself on the app online. Maybe my message was a bit unclear, but if you register on the app, the immigration responsible for your area will issue your username and password.

Archived