Flu vaccine

farang1979

With the recent spike in influenza cases, I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to get flu vaccine done. I have been quoted 1700 baht by Phaya Thai 3. And they said I can't use OPD Insurance. Can anyone recommend anywhere else? (Also *NOT* Bangkok Christian Hospital!!)

Note that flu season in Thailand is more or less the rainy season, so people get vaccinated when school starts in April/May.

In Europe flu season is the winter,  people get vaccinated in October/ November/ December.

On 3/25/2019 at 2:36 PM, Sheryl said:

Under 1000 baht at Medconsult asia. No dr visit or appointment needed.

Note that thete are 2 types of flu vaccine: "Northern" and "Southern" hemidohetes. If going back to Europe ir N. Anerica you would need northern, not southern, hemisphere.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks. Have you used them before? Could you recommend them?

On 3/25/2019 at 2:36 PM, Sheryl said:

Under 1000 baht at Medconsult asia. No dr visit or appointment needed.

Note that thete are 2 types of flu vaccine: "Northern" and "Southern" hemidohetes. If going back to Europe ir N. Anerica you would need northern, not southern, hemisphere.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes. The hospital I went to, recommended that I return in April as there was a new "species" of vaccine available then.

10 minutes ago, farang1979 said:

Yes. The hospital I went to, recommended that I return in April as there was a new "species" of vaccine available then.

I think for that they are just talking about the latest "Southern" hemisphere vaccine as flu vaccines are updated annually and the normal flu season in Thailand starts in mid May. They just meant that in April there may be a more current vaccine available (some years they don't change anything, others they do, based on what was observed in the prior flu season in terms of virus types).

For Northern hemisphere flu vaccine you would usually have to go to a travel clinic. Most Thai hospitals will nto have it. t is necessary only if going back to farangland and, of course, the peak flu season is different. New Northern hemisphere vaccine usually comes out late Sept - mid October.

Archived