Rivals voice suspicions as Thailand's pro-army party leads election race

webfact

Two parties were offering cash where I live. One was #12. In 15 years here, my Mrs has never mentioned cash for a GE, until last week, and she was approached twice.

Sent from my SMART 4G GEN C 5.0 using Tapatalk

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do they even have elections? I had to drag myself to sisaket so the wife could vote. That said, the train experience was quite nice. It was my first time on the train. Best way to travel in this country. 

17 hours ago, Mosha said:

Two parties were offering cash where I live. One was #12. In 15 years here, my Mrs has never mentioned cash for a GE, until last week, and she was approached twice.

Sent from my SMART 4G GEN C 5.0 using Tapatalk

Which parties?

Why are people surprised? They gave out the necessary sugar plums, showed they are stable over the past few years and able to stop the violent protests, they engineered a 250 seat head start and people do like to vote for a winner. The result, a lead in the popular vote and fractionally behind in the seat count. Seems about right to me. No landslides, explainable vote counts, time to horse-trade for independent party support, and for the government to get back to "work". :coffee1:

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

PTP complaining about fixing, vote buying and irregularities - gotta love their irony!

PTP never ran the EC. Prayuth does. I don't see any irony here. The fixing is done right at that level. Why even have an election if the counters itself cheat. Something that I and some others already predicted. Everything to keep Prayuth in power is being employed. Parties have been dissovled with no valid ground, tax payer money has been handed out to voters on a unprecedented scale. Campaining was curtailed. And the report of irregularities are astonishing. 

By the way, it is not only PTP complaining, pretty much everyone is complaining. No irony here. It is truly sad. 

On 3/25/2019 at 2:48 PM, 4MyEgo said:

We stupid farangs all knew who is going to win the election, the one and only military general, Prayut.

It was planned a long time ago, the only difference now is that Thailand has a democratically elected Prime Minster....lol, who took over the government and the country by military rule in 2014, but now, Thailand is not under military rule, lol, what's that famous Thai saying, "same same"

I just hope we don't see a repeat of the bloodshed we saw in Bangkok in 2014.

So I suppose it's hail Prayut, kind of catchy don't you think...lol 

Who called for burning buildings, then?

Wasn't that some guy liased with TRT?

On 3/25/2019 at 3:46 PM, Myran said:

Not surprised. Pretty much all my Thai neighbors voted for the army, basically saying they're the "least bad" of the top candidates and that Future Forward wouldn't get big enough in their first election to make a difference.

In Khon Kaen, surprisingly, the exit poll and the vote count gave the same result, Thaksin didn't really win.

It hurts when the elections don't go as you expected..

• 2 weeks later...

Yes you were right! Previously I came in at the coup with tanks on the street and the mall on fire 100m from my intended hotel. Made me prone to caution.

Nope, there will rioting in the streets, buildings on fire, troops and police shooting everybody, airport will be closed so you won't have to worry about anything. 
You tink to mut. 

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived