Air Asia apologises over Thailand sex tourism ad campaign

webfact

2 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

There is a big difference between how Australians and the Europeans perceive Thailand.

In Europe ,Thailand is seen as an exotic beach destination on the other side of the world.

For decades Australians have seen Thailand for what it is...prostitution and heroin from the Golden Triangle.

For Australians ,Phuket is just a cheap package deal tourist destination with 30 dollar sex thrown in to the bargain.

What an unfortunate sentence.

1 hour ago, missoura said:

Here is something else that Air Asia might want to think about...

phone.jpg

Might want to think about annoying people not minding their own business and taking photos of staff? I don’t think it’s a concern for them to be honest.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

I assume your joking .....    it's those type of ' dogooders '  that have stuffed Australia up with their ' can't say this can't say that attitude as it might offend someone. Grow some balls ... 

Even today, the Balls are growing.The problem is the Brain is getting there instead of inside the skull. No the Balls are fine, its the brains, that are the problem.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Airline advertisements accused of “making light” of sexual exploitation in Thailand have been removed from all Brisbane City Council buses

It's good that they are warning men about being exploited by women for sex. 

1 hour ago, seahorse said:

It's good that they are warning men about being exploited by women for sex. 

Absolutely.

As a former Go-Go bar owner, I can say that's it's definitely the women doing the exploiting.

Not being nasty about it, just stating from a financial point of view how much a lot of the girls were 'earning'.

On 3/25/2019 at 3:54 PM, Vacuum said:

All complaints were made by women, wonder why?

spokeswoman Melinda Liszewski

ALP councillor Kara Cook

A Brisbane City Council spokeswoman

My uneducated guess:

1. These women have dirty minds.
  2. These women are not getting enough of what their dirty minds are imagining.

On 3/25/2019 at 3:19 PM, webfact said:

"Get off in Thailand"

Absolutely 100% correct and we all know it !

Any beach resort is tailor-made for the sex trade as is half of Bangkok and the northern cities !

Prostitution must be the largest single employer in Thailand either through direct employment or freelance !

On 3/25/2019 at 8:54 AM, Vacuum said:

All complaints were made by women, wonder why?

spokeswoman Melinda Liszewski

ALP councillor Kara Cook

A Brisbane City Council spokeswoman

I read there was one complaint about the billboard and none about the bus.

Give these advertising people a medal - they were right on the money.

Upon having "received one complaint about the same advertisement on a billboard" they went over the moon. Now how much money would you have to spend to get that much attention; not only in Brisbane.

Reminds me of "where the bl"*ç"y hell are you?" campaign by an Australian advertising agency on promoting inbound tourism to Australia. I think a Canadian lost it - the clip went viral and the whole world knew about this funny clip - mission accomplished. 

Here again - mission accomplished! Congrats to a job well done! 

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When I discovered Thailand it was heaven that it wasn't PC. one of the main reasons it hooked me.

True that. And one has to hope and pray Thailand does not develop that ugly weakness. Femininity is a beautiful thing. Manifesting it, is something most Western women have a very hard time with. And it is one of the most glorious qualities many Thai women have. I doubt they would want to give that up. Stop the spread of the disease!

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

True that. And one has to hope and pray Thailand does not develop that ugly weakness. Femininity is a beautiful thing. Manifesting it, is something most Western women have a very hard time with. And it is one of the most glorious qualities many Thai women have. I doubt they would want to give that up. Stop the spread of the disease!

Indeed. While western women can look good, they have lost their femininity. Thai women have it in abundance.

Sad thing about LOS though, since the fast food chains became popular, Thai women are gaining weight around their waists in alarming rapidity. When I first came to LOS, only the entrants to the Miss Jumbo contest were noticeably obese, but now it's everywhere.

Archived