proof of residence required for retirement extension at CW

I have seen comments from various sources that Chaeng Wattana now requires "proof of residence", eg a lease, when doing a retirement extension (not a marriage extension) - is this so?

if yes:

- can the lease document be in English or is a Thai document or (certified?) translation required?

- my lease was made many years ago but has a clause that the lease "auto-extends" each year unless cancelled by one of the parties.  I also have a letter from last year confirming the lease is still ongoing (and still "auto-extending") but now at a new monthly rent - is this acceptable or do I need to get a new lease with explicit dates including the date that I do the extension?

12 hours ago, bkkguy1970 said:

I have seen comments from various sources that Chaeng Wattana now requires "proof of residence", eg a lease, when doing a retirement extension (not a marriage extension) - is this so?

I think they are only wanting proof for residence for first time applicants.

Most reports of it being needed are the first one or a change of residence.

But they have been asking for a map to your residence.

• Like 1

CW/ext stay/ret, 5 years running, same address...

I always include a copy of my current lease (in English only) in the documents I turn over to the first IO. Whether she looks at it, or requires it, is unknown.

Better to have it, than not. 

I also have my twelve most recent rental bills, along with the associated bank transfer slips, just in case they ask for additional documentation. I've never been asked for these.

I have included a printed map of my location but was asked to hand-draw a map for the IO on my most recent ext app.

Edited by mtls2005

On 3/25/2019 at 8:20 PM, damascase said:

Chiang Rai Immigration always wants a copy of my lease document with my aplication for a retirement extension. English is accepted.

On 3/26/2019 at 8:23 AM, ubonjoe said:

I think they are only wanting proof for residence for first time applicants.  Most reports of it being needed are the first one or a change of residence.  

What would somebody who stays with relatives, and therefore doesn't have a lease, provide as proof of residence?  A few pieces of mail?  What about the bank statement I'll already have (because it's a retirement extension)?  I got a Kasikorn statement printed up a few months ago and it has my correct (Bangkok) address at the top.  I'm not a first time applicant (I have three prior retirement extensions but they were done in other provinces), unless it means "first time at CW".

I renewed my retirement extension at CW yesterday.  I had an affidavit of income from the US embassy obtained in December before the cut-off date.  I was not asked for any further documents supporting income nor was I asked for any proof of residency documents.  I was asked to draw a rough map showing the location of my residence. 

• Like 1