how to enclose my chicken backyard ?

atchara

Wooden stakes and chicken wire

Of course you will require to carry out a visual study of the chickens abilities to jump from ground level to an elevation to set the height of the wire, normal data input can be set over a two week period of activity during daylight hours

Second to this is the ability to scratch and dig under the fence where you may need to submerge some wire. Feeding near the fence line will give some indication of the most voracious scratchers although some can be calculating and watch your movements then carefully appear as though doing nothing

Of course a full canopy can be installed but that is more work and more expense which in light of the previous studies may not be absolutely necessary......

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yes indeed. However there is a difference between a chicken coop and an outside chicken run which is what the OP is asking about.
Unless you are prepared to regularly cut the wing feathers of the chickens then you will need a fence at least 2.5 metres high, we regularly lost chickens and ducks to the chicken eating neighbour when we relied on a 1.5 metre wall.
By preference I would use concrete posts and a robust plastic netting (we used the blue stuff) but wooden posts would be OK for two - three years. We also made sure that the netting was weighed down at the bottom, that's where the chicks escape, strangle themselves, can't get back in.
Anyway, don't listen to me, have a look at "backyard chickens" they have loads of info.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived