Denied Entry at Phuket

~10months/year

When I was checking in at Japan airport I was given form to sign but it was about issue that my second name (in passport) wasn't written in my reservation

So you're saying that it won't be possible for me to choose (and pay) for flight to some different destination?

I didnt think you could get detained for that, but if youve been here for 10 months out of 12 months in every year it will definitely look suspicious to them even if they dont have any evidence of you doing anything illegal like working

what kind of visas were you using before? tourist visas

• Like 1

Have you signed anything yet?

Asking to go to Kuala Lumpur is probably the safest and possibly the cheapest. The dude that got knocked back flying via bkk to chiang mai, didn't sign anything - refused to, and this somehow allowed him to choose his destination, I'm not sure it's a good idea though as could bring out a spiteful side but I mention it as it happened a few days ago.  Maybe an idea to save your phone battery incase you need to book a flight etc..

Edited by returnee222
  • Like 2

Sorry for the OP, but if this happens a few more times maybe the airline can make some pressure to give more information about when someone could be denied. As the Airline also not happy to bring back more and more "tourists" without prior notice.

Or maybe someone higher up will see that the immigration person doing something wrong… anyway something hopefully will change in future

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, simon43 said:

The OP states that he had a flight ticket out within 30 days..

sorry simon, my bad. Yes ....  it looks like he's been denied entry because he has traveled extensively on legitimate tourist visas. So it appears the Thai immigration are attempting to enforce their own rule that ' it is illegal to have numerous legitimate tourist visas in your passport '  ....  or to that effect.

• Like 2

Thanks for all replies.

Around 3am representative of Thaiairways (I came with China Eastern, apparently they were not available) came to the room and said I'm allowed to go to KL, but immigration in KL will not accept me. Is that true? If yes then the only option for me is to take the same flight back to Nagoya (Japan). She was surprised when I asked if airline would cover my ticket.

I'm not allowed to talk with immigration so all the information had to be passed by her. No offence to her but she didn't seem sure of anything, so I'm waiting till 8am and will try to talk with China Eastern representative to confirm and make sure

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why? it sells them an extra last minute ticket at full price.

Airlines are about profits.

I know they can be heavily fined (the airline and the check-in employee) by immigration if for example the passenger doesn't have an exit ticket. However the way immigration often doesn't check these thing maybe it's not enforced. 

Edited by Tayaout

5 hours ago, Cheesus said:

....- I already have 5-10 tourist visas in my passport

- it was my first entry into Thailand without visa....

How frequent did you have your tourist visas?

How many days did you stay in Thailand after your visa was used?

China Eastern flies from Japan to Thailand. Where did your flight originate? Did you only connect in Japan?

I would be concerned now the Japanese will not accept you either. They be like that. may have to buy a ticket back to Poland.

34 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why? it sells them an extra last minute ticket at full price.

Airlines are about profits.

What if they still have to take you if you refuse to buy a ticket - which I understand to be the case.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

hence imo all passengers will be requested to show flight out,  especially anyone without a visa.

Most airlines already ask for this, and you should have an onward ticket anyway. Just book a refundable ticket and cancel it later on. I know for sure from Japan to Thailand I've been asked many times. The problem here isn't that they didn't have an onward ticket - the problem is they were denied based on a made-up reason ("suspicious activity"). Nothing the airline can do to prevent this. Not that the airlines would want to prevent it - they PROFIT from it - for every passenger denied they get to sell an overpriced return ticket. Legally they are required to cover the expense of flying you back, but it seems like that never actually happens.

• Like 2

So, it was your first visa exempt entry in Thailand. All other entries were using TV. Are these entries back-to-back? How long are you living in Thailand? Did the immigration write the reason on passport for the denial of entry (like 12.2). With a polish passport, you don't need a visa to Malaysia. Ask politely that you want to buy a ticket to KL or Penang.  Your only option is now land border crossing which does not have any problems, yet. Don't go to Japan, if possible. It is expensive unless you have adequate fund. 

Edited by onera1961

After arriving Phuket I didn't sign anything

The other guy in the room with me have the same situation. 15min ago representative of AirAsia just came and said his next flight back to Penang (where he came from) is already booked for free

48 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

China Eastern flies from Japan to Thailand. Where did your flight originate? Did you only connect in Japan?

I would be concerned now the Japanese will not accept you either. They be like that. may have to buy a ticket back to Poland.

Embarked in Nagoya with transit in Shanghai

54 minutes ago, post said:

How frequent did you have your tourist visas?

How many days did you stay in Thailand after your visa was used?

Usually close to maximum. I live in Thailand so pretty much every 3 months. I also had METV 2 times from my home country

• Like 1