BANGKOK 18 April 2019 23:48

~10months/year

When I was checking in at Japan airport I was given form to sign but it was about issue that my second name (in passport) wasn't written in my reservation

So you're saying that it won't be possible for me to choose (and pay) for flight to some different destination?

I didnt think you could get detained for that, but if youve been here for 10 months out of 12 months in every year it will definitely look suspicious to them even if they dont have any evidence of you doing anything illegal like working

what kind of visas were you using before? tourist visas

• Like 1

From the threads I have read (there have been few recently), you will be flown back to where you embarked. Meaning Japan.

You will be paying for flight ticket. The airline company will be along. 

• Like 1

You'll have to leave on the airline you arrived on. If it's Airasia or perhaps Malaysia Airlines worth asking if you can get a flight to KL, where you'd be able to get a visa and enter again by land. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Have you signed anything yet?

Asking to go to Kuala Lumpur is probably the safest and possibly the cheapest. The dude that got knocked back flying via bkk to chiang mai, didn't sign anything - refused to, and this somehow allowed him to choose his destination, I'm not sure it's a good idea though as could bring out a spiteful side but I mention it as it happened a few days ago.  Maybe an idea to save your phone battery incase you need to book a flight etc..

Edited by returnee222
  • Like 2

Sorry for the OP, but if this happens a few more times maybe the airline can make some pressure to give more information about when someone could be denied. As the Airline also not happy to bring back more and more "tourists" without prior notice.

Or maybe someone higher up will see that the immigration person doing something wrong… anyway something hopefully will change in future

• Like 1