Denied Entry at Phuket

Try to get them to accept a booked flight to KL with a ticket OUT of Malaysia booked at the same time.

Ask them if they can send the PNR (booking number) of that flight out to immigration in KL, if they do that you will be accepted in there ????

Seems KL immigration wants that PNR for flight out now, if they are asked by the airline at least - once you are on the radar everything has to be done the absolute right way I guess...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i can't see how if effects the airline in a negative way, the person needs to buy a ticket out so an empty seat gets filled at a high price no doubt

I agree.

Although it does put the airlines representatives at Thai airports in tricky positions where they have to advocate an argument on behalf of Thai Immigration that may not be on a sound legal or ethical footing. That argument is i) you must purchase a last minute price ticket, ii) you must fly with us, iii) you must return to the destination you flew from and iv) if you don't buy a ticket you will remain locked in a room.

The airlines can't be comfortable advancing an argument they know may be untrue.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Cheesus said:

The only concern now is that the lady said I will not be accepted in Malaysia. Seems illogical why would they do that, but I don't know the rules. I wish someone could confirm that, but everyone I talk with seems clueless

You should be accepted in Malaysia for 3 months as a Polish passport holder.

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Polish_citizens.html

Try to get them to accept a booked flight to KL with a ticket OUT of Malaysia booked at the same time.

Ask them if they can send the PNR (booking number) of that flight out to immigration in KL, if they do that you will be accepted in there [emoji846]

Seems KL immigration wants that PNR for flight out now, if they are asked by the airline at least - once you are on the radar everything has to be done the absolute right way I guess...
Why is KL the best option in this scenario and not say PP or Siem Reap? maybe can't fly there from Suv, I'm not sure

This is what I know about KL and possibly Malaysia in general. Flew Qatar in some weeks ago, and since they are just paranoid about everything a booked train-ticket from KL to Pedang Besar AND a flight out from Hat Yai later the same day was not enough...

They were helpful though, had an immigration officer in KL on a chat window, saying that a confirmed flight with a PNR out of Malaysia was necessary. (Perhaps you could even ask them about such chats, possibly getting Qatar to help???)

I ended up using the train ticket and flight from Hat Yai of course, after a couple of nights in KL ????

Once the radars are locked on you for real, everything has to be by the book... Therefore, try to ask them if you could book a ticket to KL AND a flight out of Malaysia within 90 days in one go - and have them relay the whole thing to immigration in KL as it is booked.

Would show you know how it all works, wants to conform to the rules and - that you try to provide a solution.

Then get a real visa for staying most of the year in Thailand... Its just necessary as things have developed.

Edited by EbhB
clarity + added detail
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheesus said:

The only concern now is that the lady said I will not be accepted in Malaysia.

I checked WIKI for visa requirements for Polish Passport holder into Malaysia. You have visa exempt entry for 3-months. Insists for a KL flight, if possible. Do as other posters have suggested - an out ticket to may be SIN and sending the PNR in advance.

Edited by onera1961

3 hours ago, simon43 said:

The OP states that he had a flight ticket out within 30 days..

Yes you would think that would be ok,

so therfor now there can be no doubt the biggest NO-NO is to turn up without a visa. 

especially after having many previous entry or other VEs.

they obviously think people are working illegal.

If even having a return ticket no longer satisfy IMMs, then the airlines will have to check that every passenger going to Thailand already have a visa.

From the threads I have read (there have been few recently), you will be flown back to where you embarked. Meaning Japan.
You will be paying for flight ticket. The airline company will be along. 
A friend of mine was recently flown back to Vietnam ( his original point of departure) ,but they didn't want him because of the rejection stamp in his passport from Thailand.
So they kept him confined until he could arrange a ticket to Italy , his home country.
When that eventuated, his flight went through Hong Kong ..guess what !
They also kept him confined until his flight to Italy was due to leave ..

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

if you don't buy a ticket you will remain locked in a room.

A guy tried to appeal (rejected Tourist Visa entry), refused to sign anything, refused to pay, and was still put on a flight.  Then, when he disembarked, the airline threatened to have immigration at that end detain him if he did not pay.  He paid.

1 hour ago, EbhB said:

Then get a real visa for staying most of the year in Thailand... Its just necessary as things have developed. 

And even with a Tourist Visa, don't enter at lawless entry-points like the airports in Bangkok, Krabi, Phuket, and Samui.  Maybe Chiang Mai airport (no reports for those with a valid Tourist Visa), but all land-borders other than Poipet/Aranayaprathet are the safest choice.

24 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Where did you dream this? Millions of tourists arrive in Thailand every year without a visa, they are entitled to a visa-free stay and they get it.

The problem is that the OP had been spending 10months/year with TV, not that he arrived this particular time without one. I think the IO were right to question his purpose, although of course they could have done it with a more open exchange of information.

In the end, he is flying to KL, which is not expensive and will probably give him a chance to enter Malaysia and maybe try Thailand again, depending on what they stamp on his passport, so he is not too unlucky.

i dont think you read what i wrote after the bit you highlited.

I talk about people going back after have many repeating VEs and SETVs already, not the "one time" tourist.

From all reports on this site, all the people who got denied entry (excepting for 1-2)

all try to come in using Visa Exempt method.

and all going to Don Muang airport and ALL have a long tourist history in passport.

not being argumentive, but what is your explanation for why they would deny certain people and not others?

the many 1000s of others that pass through every day?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

I agree.

Although it does put the airlines representatives at Thai airports in tricky positions where they have to advocate an argument on behalf of Thai Immigration that may not be on a sound legal or ethical footing. That argument is i) you must purchase a last minute price ticket, ii) you must fly with us, iii) you must return to the destination you flew from and iv) if you don't buy a ticket you will remain locked in a room.

The airlines can't be comfortable advancing an argument they know may be untrue.

Follow the money.  Why are only 'high price' tickets available?

15 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

If people stopped paying them en-masse, perhaps.  Otherwise, they get to fill up empty spots on their airplanes for 2x+ the normal fare (last-minute pricing).  I would not be surprised to find out they were paying kickbacks for this.

You think? Most airlines are overseas-based their management probably needs to be alerted to what going on.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JackThompson said:
  1 hour ago, tingtongtourist said:

they obviously think people are working illegal.

No - that is just an excuse.  The OP could mop floors in Poland and make more than working an illegal job in Thailand.  They might stamp his passport with the "came to work illegally" stamp - but usually they just claim to have telepathically accessed his fiances, and "know" he doesn't have the funds to support himself in Thailand (in this case, for 30 days).

Ok, like i ask another poster..

why do you think they will deny one certain person and not the other?

Im sure many 1000s might have a repeating visa history same as him, but pass through without a problem.

not doubting what you said, im just always ask myself why they single out the people they do? 

must have some particular reason or other evidences that worry them?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, prb said:

Unfortunately, time to wake up and smell the coffee, it has nothing to do with illegal work.  I was thinking the same before but after being rudely questionned at DMK even though I was out of the country for more than 2 months, i just came to an other conclusion: They just don't want farangs to stick around for too long on SETV or VE. So, time to think about alternatives regarding the country to spend your time and cash or an other visa if it has to be Thailand.

Isn't the alternative simply to fly into Swampy rather than DMK?

12 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

From all reports on this site, all the people who got denied entry (excepting for 1-2) all try to come in using Visa Exempt method.

Many denied had Tourist Visas, though this is considered "less risky".  Even those with METVs have been denied, to spite the higher financials shown to obtain those.

and all going to Don Muang airport

Also Swampy, Krabi, Phuket, and Samui airports, and the Poipet/Aranyaprathet land-border.  All of these should be avoided by those staying more than a couple weeks - and only occasionally.

and ALL have a long tourist history in passport.

Yes, those denied had spent prior time in Thailand - though there is no clear time-frame to rely upon.  It is not just those with only a few days out between entries who are reporting problems.  Even those with more frequent/longer stays months before - including "snowbirds" who leave for 6-mo stretches every year - have been interrogated and/or denied-entry (even with a Tourist Visa).

13 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

not being argumentive, but what is your explanation for why they would deny certain people and not others?

The IOs there want "longer staying" tourists removed from Thailand.  They believe the Immigration Act is insufficient, and they should be able to deny-entry for reasons not permitted within the law.  So they do this, and nothing is done to stop them.

13 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

the many 1000s of others that pass through every day?

Are almost all who visit are 1st time or rare/short visitors.  In recent years, a huge number come in on cheap package tours, receiving "free" or "discounted" VOA, such that the cost of overhead to the country may exceed the benefits of their spending.  While this makes "tourist numbers" look high, those making money on this "package tourism" are externalizing the infrastructure-costs, while internalizing profits.

Yep, as prb states above...the TV/visa-exempt looks like its about to be cracked down on harder and from this June perhaps when their new AI system boots up it will probably dragnet everyone with over 1.5 year straight on TV/visa-exempt vs this patchy 'some get through some don't and it has no consistency' phenomena that churns people up on threads like this. No-one sure if this will be at airports or land borders also.

Also looking out for people having issues from April 1st UK when you need a pre-approved consulate appointment based on your history in LoS and visa you are applying for.

80,000 + long-stay brits in LoS I think....wonder how many do not fall into retiree/working/married/biz owner.

1 minute ago, freedomnow said:

Yep, as prb states above...the TV/visa-exempt looks like its about to be cracked down on harder and from this June perhaps when their new AI system boots up it will probably dragnet everyone with over 1.5 year straight on TV/visa-exempt vs this patchy 'some get through some don't and it has no consistency' phenomena that churns people up on threads like this. No-one sure if this will be at airports or land borders also.

All they would have to do is announce what the "new rules" are - whatever they would put in the AI.   Most visitors would simply comply, if they knew what was 100% OK - maybe "stay out 10 days before returning," or similar. 

But to do that, the rules would have to be "legal" and approved at the highest levels.  As is, there is no legal reason to deny-entry based on the length or proximity in-time to ones prior visit(s).  To date, a rule-change is not something the "anti-farang brigade" clique has been able to accomplish - so, they are just making up "whatever they feel like at the moment," as those in the chain-of-command above fail to carry out their oversight duties.

• Confused 1