Isaan province, the closest to the sea ? Which one ?

myshem

9 hours ago, myshem said:

If someone wanted to live in Esaan but not too far tot the sea, where it would be, and how many kms to the beach ? 

Somewhere north of Chanthaburi province maybe ?

Any idea ? Thanks.

Isaan is the exact opposite to living near the sea/beach.

As written above Nakhon Ratchasima province is the south western Isaan province.

But from the southern border in Khao Yai park (edge of Korat plateau) it's still more than a 100 km linear distance to first spot of the gulf.

We live about as far as can be from all three seas (Andaman Sea, Gulf of Thailand, South China Sea). Each about 400 to 500 km away. Center of Indochina :smile:

South China Sea not accessible by road travel (Laos and Vietnam in the way).

Chantabhuri has absolutely nothing to do with Isaan.

Best have a look at the Wiki article shown above to get an idea.

9 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Nakhon Ratchasima is the large province closest to the sea.  From the main town, Korat, it's about a 300 km drive to Chon Buri.

Takes me 4 1/2 hours to drive from Korat to Pattaya. Not really suitable for a day out at the beach.

However, there is a big river that runs right round Issan. Lots of water and fishes, if that's your thing.

• 3 months later...
On 3/26/2019 at 7:16 AM, puchooay said:

Although not in Issan but directly bordering, Sakeaw will give you that "Issan feeling". Not too far from the sea.

Sakeow is not ESAN ?

But is is cheap like ESAAN ?

On 3/26/2019 at 2:35 PM, ubonjoe said:

I would say that the southern part of Buriram province would be the closest to the sea in Chantaburi.

Pin here for a town near the Buriram border with Sa Kaeo province. https://goo.gl/maps/R3VwS57aVyQ2

That's where I am living. Takes two days to get to Koh chang: 5 to 6 hours to get to Soi Dao, and 3 to 4 hours to get to KC, including the ferry. Plenty of mad drivers in Chantaburi, so not a good idea to get there tired.

Archived