TM30 required when staying in family home?

I have never had my wife send in the TM 30 when we have visited.  She has a house (that she bought before we were married with her own money) in Samut Prakan and had never heard of this.  Usually when we visit it is for 30 days using a visa on arrival.  This last visit I had to extend my visit which was no problem other than taking a couple of hours at the immigration office in Samut Prakan and paying 1900 baht.  The officer did ask her for the TM 30 form and she had no idea what they were talking about.  Had to pay a minimal fine for this.  I don't think that your average Thai is aware of this.  I fill out the form on the plane before arriving so I am presenting our address where I will be residing.  

• Like 1

I sent in a TM30 for the first time about a year ago when i entered the kingdom from an overseas trip.

I wont bother submitting another one though if Im staying at the same address even if I exit the country and re-enter a year later.

Even If i visit the wife's family outside of Bangkok I wont send another if I plan to return to the same address a week later.

9 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

I fill out the form on the plane before arriving so I am presenting our address where I will be residing. 

Different form mate. Your filling the TM6, IO outside of airports want a TM30 from home owner and a TM28 from foreigner to report place of stay within 24 hours. Gotta do them all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bkkbound said:

Sounds like a lot of Thai nonsense, I,m staying at our Thai home in Khemmerat for three weeks, is Ubon or Mukdahan where I will waste half a day on this? 

At one of the two offices here in Ubon. One here in the city and another in Sirindhorn.

But since you will not be doing anything at immigration you do not need to worry about it.

On 3/26/2019 at 9:10 AM, ThaiBunny said:

I know for a fact the Thai family I stay with in a village in Isaan never bother to report my presence.  My friend's brother is the deputy headman and just laughs whenever the topic is raised

I hope your "friend's" brother doesn't have any enemies...

Some offices allow postal TM30 reports providing your just reporting a return to the same address.
My office even sign up individuals to the online reporting system if their frequently in/out.
Our office allows my wife to phone copies of passport entry status to them. The reciept comes to us via a friend.
At first,my wife thought I was wrong about the need for TM28 and TM30,so I raised the subject when doing a 90 day report. Immigration soon put her right.
Generally I think that most Thais are unaware of the need for this.

Sent from my SM-J610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app