May fights for control as lawmakers aim to seize Brexit process

webfact

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, can you help me a bit, am in hospital and struggle a bit with following developments.

EU expects vote on deal this week.

This morning around 0500 - 0600 Thai time BBC World News repeatedly reported about a vote that failed in Commons

last night, failed by about 25 votes.

What kind of vote was that?, BBC never mentioned that. 

just curious

9 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

Guys, can you help me a bit, am in hospital and struggle a bit with following developments.

This morning around 0500 - 0600 Thai time BBC World News repeatedly reported about a vote that failed in Commons

just curious

Here's the link of what the BBC reported.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47701591

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Remain MPs who are traitors to their own constituents, refusing to accept the democratic referendum result, now taking over the duties of the elected government. Political revolution.

Governments aren't elected. MPs are. Are you British?

31 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

just curious

Good luck with recovery. You or person you are with.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

No deal brexit odds keep shortening by the hour, in the last 12 hours 10/3, 11/4, and this morning 12/5.

Needs more careful attention. The odds on no-deal Brexit are still 3/1 for before April 1. The 12/5 odds are for no-deal Brexit in 2019. 

20 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

And she supports Arsenal. So that rules her out.

Are you serious? She's a true blue mate. Kensington and Chelsea through and through. Cut her and even her blood runs blue.

24 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

And she supports Arsenal. So that rules her out.

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Are you serious? She's a true blue mate. Kensington and Chelsea through and through. Cut her and even her blood runs blue.

Yes. And Corbyn.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/21/the-queen-is-an-arsenal-fan-jeremy-corbyn-reveals/

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

As she said Brexit means Brexit no deal is better than a bad deal and we are leaving on the 29th 108 times has she mislead the country or just taking advice from a general in a far off land of how to win when you have lost????

PM subject to Parliament.

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

Labour back benchers have tabled a motion that they will support May's deal in Parliament, pursuant to it then being put to a referendum, May's deal or remain.

Sound's like a plan to me.

Excellent.  So there's no chance of labour winning either if there is another GE in the near future based on the eu/may deal/remain ????.

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

Excellent.  So there's no chance of labour winning either if there is another GE in the near future based on the eu/may deal/remain ????.

No chance. Guaranteed hung parliament at the next election. And let's face it, both sides deserve to be hung.

2 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

just curious

Sorry to hear that you're in hospital ☹️.  Hope it's for something minor and that you're ok.

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

As she said Brexit means Brexit no deal is better than a bad deal and we are leaving on the 29th 108 times has she mislead the country or just taking advice from a general in a far off land of how to win when you have lost????

Brexit means Brexit

Leave means Leave

March 29, 2019 means March 29, 2019. April 12, 2019 ? May 22, 2019 ?

Hey Leavers, what's the problem ? Does the grass on the other side of the fence not look as green as it once did ?

7, 6, 5,...

5 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

well,

you can say a lot about TM, but she appears to be a stayer, does not give up easily

I wouldn't  call her a stayer but more like a stubborn crying baby

4 hours ago, malagateddy said:

No doubt coming to a place near you in the near future.

Brexit the movie..with a star cast including John Cleese and the Monty Python Flying Circus ensemble..Benny Hill..Leonard Rossiter etc etc.

Any comedians from Thaivisa posters please apply to House of Commons..London.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

54799506_10156074125742611_6742182061454393344_n.jpg.165a10a9afbe1852248a48dacc1c5eee.jpg

There's already a movie out.????

13 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I wouldn't  call her a stayer but more like a stubborn crying baby

Actually neither. She is just doing the bidding of her masters, who want her to remain until all this is done and dusted. She can then take all the blame and the powers behind the thone will emerge to throw her under the nearest big red bus, do a Pontius Pilate, and take their rightful place as the leader of the Tory party with not a stain on their character. Machiavelli had nothing on these guys.

Gove, Moggy, Boris, where are you? We know you're there.

Pedantry at its finest and worst together. Deviant at its most obvious too, Nicholas has handed your Remaining seconds to me for correction.
Governments are elected via our FPTP system and each of the current government and its Conservative party are elected MPs.
Of course I’m British, that’s why I want to Leave. Are you British, or an over opinionated Honky?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

A little amusement...Or is it May ?  In a remake of

'The Tower of Babylon.

The darker side of the EU

The Woman on the Beast

The symbol of 'a woman riding a beast' is now widespead, and particularly in the European Union. For example, it is seen:

• in the German Maritime Museum
  • on the campus of The University of Tennessee
  • on various Euro coins
  • on a German phone card
  • in a large painting in the EU Parliament building, Brussels
  • in a mural in the EU Parliament building in Strasbourg
  • as a sculpture outside the Council of Europe building in Brussels
  • in Time Magazine (a united Europe)

The EU Europa series banknotes (commenced 2013) show Europa's face as a watermark and as a hologram.

Europa carried away by a bull (German Maritime Museum)

Europa carried away by a bull
(German Maritime Museum)

Image courtesy Hannes Grobe.
See wikipedia.org

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

Pedantry at its finest and worst together. Deviant at its most obvious too, Nicholas has handed your Remaining seconds to me for correction.
Governments are elected via our FPTP system and each of the current government and its Conservative party are elected MPs.
Of course I’m British, that’s why I want to Leave. Are you British, or an over opinionated Honky?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

British mate, proud of it and the reason why I want to remain. Better to stay and fight rather than to run and hide. Where's your British spirit man? No backbone, that's your problem.

387859384_Thesecolours.png.7c7c38acbafe4f36f0e0af7c95054974.png

6 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Wheels coming off in Brexiteerland.

Archived