May fights for control as lawmakers aim to seize Brexit process

webfact

17 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well it is, if those who work in parliament, actually represent their constituents and not have their own agenda for themselves. Otherwise you get what is happening now.

Although I sense sarcasm and belittling, the MPs have done a great job in showing the general public that they donb't care what they think or vote for. They feel superior and know better.

Hence a GE will clear them out and I believe some reform will take place, in the future, with MP's actually listening to the very people who put them where they are.

Brexiteer who thinks democracy is some sort of old-style Woolworths Pick-n-mix.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teresa May has lost control of everything. Unlike her heroin Magarat Thatcher, prior to her passing,  she has not yet lost her mind.  However it appears she will be as ruiness to the UK as Thatcher was, only in a much shorter time frame.  Clearly as Bernie Eccleston was once reported as saying, women only belong in the kitchen like washing machines, and here is the proof .

25 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Teresa May has lost control of everything. Unlike her heroin Magarat Thatcher, prior to her passing,  she has not yet lost her mind.  However it appears she will be as ruiness to the UK as Thatcher was, only in a much shorter time frame.  Clearly as Bernie Eccleston was once reported as saying, women only belong in the kitchen like washing machines, and here is the proof .

He should stick to playing Dr Who ????

Please read Macron's " white paper "..24 pages..the way forward for the eu..he's spitting blood cos the UK is leaving the scummy eu..no dosh coming from hard pressed UK taxpayers[emoji23]

Which is all, of course complete Brexiteer, jingoistic nonsense. Britain doesn't use the Euro and never will. Neither is there a European army, there isn't a consensus for it in Europe. Also Britain would, again, use it's right of veto to opt out if it were ever to come about. Could you really see British soldiers serve alongside Dutch soldiers, long haired pot smoking layabouts. Or a bunch of Italian surrender monkeys. Not in your wildest dreams.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Please read Macron's " white paper "..24 pages..the way forward for the eu..he's spitting blood cos the UK is leaving the scummy eu..no dosh coming from hard pressed UK taxpayersemoji23.png

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

More they need us more waffle..stop dreaming ..The bit money the UK saved wont scrarch the surface of money lost cos of less growth/recession...you wouldnt see any of it anyway.

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

Heroin Maggie Thatcher? Oo-er!

1 minute ago, bomber said:

More they need us more waffle..stop dreaming ..The bit money the UK saved wont scrarch the surface of money lost cos of less growth/recession...you wouldnt see any of it anyway.

350 million quid a week mate. Lovely Jubbly!

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well it is, if those who work in parliament, actually represent their constituents and not have their own agenda for themselves. Otherwise you get what is happening now.

Although I sense sarcasm and belittling, the MPs have done a great job in showing the general public that they donb't care what they think or vote for. They feel superior and know better.

Hence a GE will clear them out and I believe some reform will take place, in the future, with MP's actually listening to the very people who put them where they are.

If I were a Brexit supporter (I confess that I’m not) the smartest move is to back May’s deal. Any other move will lead to a softer Brexit or none at all. 

May’s deal is widely misunderstood, and the backstop is at the heart of that misunderstanding. A legal theoretical possibility (being trapped) is a practical improbability. And the option of a future relationship that is outside both the Customs Union and Single Market is still very much on the table.

The worst option is a General Election. May was well ahead in the polls the last time and it all went wrong. The Conservative party membership are not a microcosm of Conservative Party support, there will be many casualties, people like Dominic Raab who have a waver thin majority in a Remain voting area. My view is that we will end up with a coalition government, and at best a much softer Brexit.

My conclusion is that Brexit zealots have lost any ability to think through this issue in practical terms. They won the battle, and now they are going to lose the war.

21 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

May’s deal is widely misunderstood, and the backstop is at the heart of that misunderstanding. A legal theoretical possibility (being trapped) is a practical improbability. And the option of a future relationship that is outside both the Customs Union and Single Market is still very much on the table.

You and I will rarely agree where Brexit is concerned, but I whole heartedly agree with your comment above.

"The Deal"  has become a badge of honour.

The question "What is so bad about The Deal" has never been satisfactorily answered.

37 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

If I were a Brexit supporter (I confess that I’m not) the smartest move is to back May’s deal. Any other move will lead to a softer Brexit or none at all. 

The worst option is a General Election. May was well ahead in the polls the last time and it all went wrong. The Conservative party membership are not a microcosm of Conservative Party support, there will be many casualties, people like Dominic Raab who have a waver thin majority in a Remain voting area. My view is that we will end up with a coalition government, and at best a much softer Brexit.

My conclusion is that Brexit zealots have lost any ability to think through this issue in practical terms. They won the battle, and now they are going to lose the war.

Exactly. Brexiters wanted Brexit. They got Brexit. But since it wasn't the highly unrealistic milk and honey outcome they were promised, they throw their toys out the pram with howls of 'this isn't what we want' and 'the politicians have betrayed us'. This has got so bad they are even willing to perform economical hari kari with a no deal Brexit.

Brexit was a bad idea from the start, got even worse over the next 2 years and has now ended up as a complete farce.

You were warned from the beginning. Stop blaming everyone else for the problems YOU created.

15 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

You and I will rarely agree where Brexit is concerned, but I whole heartedly agree with your comment above.

"The Deal"  has become a badge of honour.

The question "What is so bad about The Deal" has never been satisfactorily answered.

I'm way past the point of trying to persuade anyone about Brexit, so I just post my opinion.

But if there is one thing that really puzzles me it is the idea that the UK could enter a "backstop" arrangement and never be able to leave it and the further idea that the "backstop" is an EU plot to secure that outcome. So in 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 years the UK will still be in the "backstop", in a Customs Union with the EU but contributing zero to EU activities. And the EU 27 would be happy with that? It just doesn't make any practical sense to me. Most politicians will be long gone by then.

And my other point is that entering the backstop is voluntary, you could just continue how we are and keep out of it, until such time as a final agreement is reached. 

The risks that Brexit zealots are taking don't make any sense to me. It's like dying for a cause, thereby ensuring that you never actually attain it.  

It looks like the whole thing (BREXIT) may well be ultimately canceled as that seems to be what we are inching towards. However, the blow-back from whatever is done either way will be significant. Ironically though, I'm not that sure the rest of the EU wants the UK to stay as it will hamper their lemming style rush towards the Borg collective and will mean lots of UK anti-EU MEPs being elected soon. I think they are happy for the UK to leave, they just want to screw them over for good measure as a warning to others. I think it is clear that the UK should cancel and go back to as was before the referendum or just no deal WTO rules and take it's chances...which is what it was <deleted> asked in the first place. 

12 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

It looks like the whole thing (BREXIT) may well be ultimately canceled as that seems to be what we are inching towards. However, the blow-back from whatever is done either way will be significant. Ironically though, I'm not that sure the rest of the EU wants the UK to stay as it will hamper their lemming style rush towards the Borg collective and will mean lots of UK anti-EU MEPs being elected soon. I think they are happy for the UK to leave, they just want to screw them over for good measure as a warning to others. I think it is clear that the UK should cancel and go back to as was before the referendum or just no deal WTO rules and take it's chances...which is what it was <deleted> asked in the first place. 

Loiner is throwing a party on 29 June 2019 to celebrate something that will never happen ... maybe you'll get an invite?

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

You would have better luck trying to persuade a Kamikaze pilot to turn back.

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

She has to stay, all the Brexiteers are making like they are not there hoping nobody will call them to deal with the mess they created.

Gove seems to be the favourite to take over.

JRM has said he will now support May's deal and is asking other ERG members to join him.  They are clearly desperate to get some sort of Brexit no matter how bad or half hearted it is.  And these people pretend to be following the will of the British people.  Pathetic doesn't come close.  Snivelling cowards, all of them.

Commercial adverts eventually persuade the gullible

to buy something they had no idea they wanted.

Over the last 3 years the governing elite have used

the same simple method to convince people to remain,

and it has worked like magic.

There you have it, our masters have won, but to them,

we are just cows lining up in front of television MSM

to be milked.    A G. Orwell's 'Animal Farm' rerun.

21 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Commercial adverts eventually persuade the gullible

to buy something they had no idea they wanted.

Over the last 3 years the governing elite have used

the same simple method to convince people to remain,

and it has worked like magic.

There you have it, our masters have won, but to them,

we are just cows lining up in front of television MSM

to be milked.    A G. Orwell's 'Animal Farm' rerun.

Silly Cows.

German Alarm Grows Over The EU’s Dangerous Ultimatum Terms For Britain

“Europe is well on its way to inflicting huge damage on itself for decades, by the way it has handled the Brexit talks,” said Marcel Fratzscher, head of the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW) in Berlin.

https://fortunascorner.com/2019/03/22/german-alarm-grows-over-the-eus-dangerous-ultimatum-terms-for-britain/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/03/20/german-alarm-grows-eus-dangerous-ultimatum-terms-britain/

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Gove seems to be the favourite to take over.

JRM has said he will now support May's deal and is asking other ERG members to join him.  They are clearly desperate to get some sort of Brexit no matter how bad or half hearted it is.  And these people pretend to be following the will of the British people.  Pathetic doesn't come close.  Snivelling cowards, all of them.

No, I don't agree. Rees Mogg is looking down the barrel of a soft Brexit or worse, or a General Election that could see the Tories out of office for a very long time. Split parties are seldom rewarded by the electorate. 

No point committing suicide for a cause, and in doing so ensuring that the cause fails. May's deal offers the best way forward ... what they end up with might just be what the ERG claim to want.

For the life of me I cannot understand what extreme Brexiteers are thinking? 

Archived