Fighting thai wife for child (with dual nationality) custody

asmicboi

9 hours ago, Slipperyone said:

As others have said don't play the game definitely no lawyers will bleed situation and nothing will be gained . It hurts much but walk and start again . 

If I had walked away from my child at first sign of adversity, I would be ashamed of myself.

This is unfortunately a very difficult and sad situation.  I would start with reading old posts made in this forum by a poster with the name MikeyIdea.  They contain a wealth of information about cases like this from someone who really knows what he is talking about.  

I will add that if your wife is now set on keeping the child fatherless and there is no chance of reconciliation, you will need to apply for divorce to have any chance of getting legal help in seeing your child.  As long as you remain married, no help is possible.  And of course, figure out what to do about your visa situation too now that your to-be ex-wife will not assist you with that.

On 3/26/2019 at 8:31 PM, Enki said:

No it wont. It is an issue in the country the first court ruled ... and as the child and the woman is not in Singapore a singaporean court will decline to be involved.

The rest of the world does not work like the US, where every court thinks it can make some money by accepting a case which is outside of its jurisdiction.

You are not correct. a child adopted in one country is not necessary accepted by the child's duel nationality country. This is the case for a Thai child who is adopted by a Brit parent in the UK adoption system.  That child is not accepted as adopted  by that parent in Thailand unless that parent then adopts here. A British Adoption Certificate is not accepted in Thailand.  

On 3/26/2019 at 8:47 PM, justin case said:

dude, I have been on divorce lawyer websites the last couple of days, you ?

people thinking they know what they are talking about and giving crap advise is worse than no advise

I've been through the system mate, not quoting google. 

15 hours ago, Pilotman said:

You are not correct. a child adopted in one country is not necessary accepted by the child's duel nationality country. This is the case for a Thai child who is adopted by a Brit parent in the UK adoption system.  That child is not accepted as adopted  by that parent in Thailand unless that parent then adopts here. A British Adoption Certificate is not accepted in Thailand.  

Why are you bringing adopted children into this, and why do you think the special rules related to adopted children and their new parents are the same as for children and their biological parents?

If the child is Thai and domiciled in Thai, as is the case here, Thailand is where the case will be decided and the country of his other nationality will stay out of it.  

Archived