Jump to content
BANGKOK 24 May 2019 12:30
webfact

Trump recognises Golan Heights as Israeli, boosting Netanyahu and angering Syria

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

not at all, it was israel that started the six day war of 67,

by launching air strikes, confiscating golan heights seem to have been part of the plan to profit

BS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

BS

not at all, all sources confirm israel started the war by launching

air strikes on a sleeping egypt

Edited by brokenbone
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brokenbone said:

not at all, all sources confirm israel started the war by launching

air strikes on a sleeping egypt

Yes, BS. If you read the books, Israel dragged it's feet on the attacks, but felt to wait any longer would be suicide. I have no sympathy for the Palestinians, or the surrounding Arabs. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Ezzra can tell me if I'm correct in saying that muslims are members of the Israeli Parliament???
Can any of the Israel haters on this Forum tell me WHERE in the loony Shia/Sunny countries there are Jewish MP's???
Pakistan..Saudi..Syria..Egypt..Turkey..etc etc????????

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

Iran, of all places, reserves a seat in parliament for them. There are still a few thousand of them there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

BS

Consensus is that Israel were preemptive militarily in 1967 but in 73 the Arab coalition struck first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, beechguy said:

Yes, BS. If you read the books, Israel dragged it's feet on the attacks, but felt to wait any longer would be suicide. I have no sympathy for the Palestinians, or the surrounding Arabs. 

you revealed a lot more about yourself there

then you can fathom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, sanemax said:

The golan heights are a mountainous region that overlooks Israeli lowlands and was used by attackers to launch bombs to attack Israel , its understandable that Israel wants to make the area safe by occupying and confiscating the lands to thwart any more attacks.

I can understand Israel placing temporary military outposts on Golan immediately after the 67 war, which they are entitled to do under the Geneva Convention until a peace deal is achieved.


But ethnically cleansing the Syrian population, transferring their own Israeli population there, then annexing it in 1981, exploiting its resources are war crimes under the Geneva Convention.

 

Trump has just hypocritically endorsed these war crimes.

 

The only lasting security Israel will ever have is a permanent peace deal with all its neighbors...the only kind worth having.

Stealing your neighbors' land will not achieve this. The injustice will fester and will ultimately lead to another war when Syria rebuilds its armed strength. Which Syria will possibly again lose, but many young people on both sides will again be killed. Israeli planes can hit every Syrian city and Syrian missiles can hit ever Israeli city. 

Madness.

Edited by dexterm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, dexterm said:

I can understand Israel placing temporary military outposts on Golan immediately after the 67 war, which they are entitled to do under the Geneva Convention until a peace deal is achieved.


But ethnically cleansing the Syrian population, transferring their own Israeli population there, then annexing it in 1981, exploiting its resources are war crimes under the Geneva Convention.

 

Trump has just hypocritically endorsed these war crimes.

 

The only lasting security Israel will ever have is a permanent peace deal with all its neighbors...the only kind worth having.

Stealing your neighbors' land will not achieve this. The injustice will fester and will ultimately lead to another war when Syria rebuilds its armed strength. Which Syria will possibly again lose, but many young people on both sides will again be killed. Israeli planes can hit every Syrian city and Syrian missiles can hit ever Israeli city. 

Madness.

Syrian citizens do still live in golan, and have claim to Israeli citizenship if they want it. Many don't.

 

AFAIK they can travel between to two sides, and during the Syrian war, the Isreali's were providing medical care for wounded from over the border.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Syria and the other Arabs launched the 67 war from the Golan and lost...Golan is the spoils of war and Israel didn't kick-it-off back then, tough titties really.

Firstly trump has acted against the norms of accepted international law. There was zero need to upset the apple cart. The Israeli Six Day War was launched as preemptive strikes even though the US had intelligence Egypt was only postoring for domestic political purposes.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, samran said:

Syrian citizens do still live in golan, and have claim to Israeli citizenship if they want it. Many don't.

 

AFAIK they can travel between to two sides, and during the Syrian war, the Isreali's were providing medical care for wounded from over the border.

Not quite the full story.

 

There are some 20,000 Syrians, the descendants of 6,000-7,000 Syrian Druze who escaped ethnic cleansing in 1967 probably because they are Druze. They mostly live in four villages in the northern Golan.

https://www.un.int/syria/syria/syrian-golan

 

Why should occupied people be obliged to accept the citizenship of the illegally occupying invaders?

 

Israel wants to expand its 40 illegal "Jewish only" settlements to boost its Jewish population of Golan to 100,000 now that USA has recognized its illegal annexation. All built on land where Syrian villages once stood, with the original owners living just across the fence with the keys and title deeds to their property.

 

Why does Israel prevent the return of 130,000 Syrian refugees and their families who were ethnically cleansed? Same reason it doesn't allow the return of refugees in the rest of Palestine..to maintain the artificially manufactured Jewish majority.

 

Pure racism.

Edited by dexterm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off-topic post and replies removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...