O-A "valid until" excludes date listed?

Hello, just purchased a ticket which crosses the date line, etc, and seems I will arrive 0100  Sept 15 ,  my  O-A says "valid until Sept 15" 

And from a simple search I believe that means I must enter *before that date  ,  eg  it's NOT ok  till midnight of Sept 15  Thailand time ?

maybe I just bought a $100 change fee  sigh

The "Enter Before" date is generally accepted as being the last day you can use the visa even though the wording technically means you should arrive before that date.

i.e. You can enter until midnight on that day.

So with an Enter Before of the 15th you should be just fine at 0100 on the 15th.

ty for the reply.   I guess I'd prefer to not find out "the hard way" ,    not sure  if there is an  definitive  policy to be found,  or  might   various  IOs   make  random  determination  on  what  "until" might mean ?

turns out I can cancel my ticket for the 1st 24 hours ......  though, I'd prefer to keep it  ????

I'm not aware of anyone being denied entering on the Enter Before date, but that doesn't mean it's not happened.

Hopefully someone will be along with a definitive answer ("definitive"? We are talking Thai Immigration here, they don't do definitive anything).

• Like 1

I have used an 0-A for 12 years coming to Thailand and in order to get 2 full years I have to strictly manage my return flight on the second year.  Have come in on the same day my 0-A expired several times and it has never been a problem

The only time I had a problem was when New York Consulate failed to type "A" on the Visa and the IO would only stamp me in for 90 days.  Had to go to MFA to have them type the "A" and then go to Immigration to get a new "admitted until " stamp

12 hours ago, mooping20Baht said:

Hello, just purchased a ticket which crosses the date line, etc, and seems I will arrive 0100  Sept 15 ,  my  O-A says "valid until Sept 15" 

And from a simple search I believe that means I must enter *before that date  ,  eg  it's NOT ok  till midnight of Sept 15  Thailand time ?

The latest version of visa sticker uses "valid until" rather than "enter before", but in either case you have until midnight on the given date to enter the country.

You can enter on OR before Sept 15th.

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

The latest version of visa sticker uses "valid until" rather than "enter before"

And I thought with the new wording no more confusion would come up.

The ENTER BEFORE seemed to confuse many.

Example dates:

25 AUG 2018 .... 24 AUG 2019

24 = 25 - 1 (always day/month - 1)

Mine was 13 OCT 2010 to 12 OCT 2011 (ENTER BEFORE at the time).

So in a normal years it's 365 days incl. issue and valid until date.

So be assured that the valid until is the last date that you can use the visa (and not the day before).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, mooping20Baht said:

and seems I will arrive 0100  Sept 15

"seems": this you should make 100% clear.

From the US west-coast there are +1 AND +2 (!) flights.

(e.g. LAX 1:12 PM, arrive BKK 1:05 AM +2)

"Crossing dateline" tells me that you are coming from the US flying east.

From Europe it would always be a +1.

(ridicolous connections excepted)

Edited by KhunBENQ

8 hours ago, elviajero said:

The latest version of visa sticker uses "valid until" rather than "enter before", but in either case you have until midnight on the given date to enter the country.

You can enter on OR before Sept 15th.

I believe it would be less ambiguous if it said  "valid through"    but sure, TIT    regards

• Like 1