Immigration proposes much harsher penalties for failing to report foreigners staying in Thailand

webfact

You have a legitimate Visa with your address on it, you have a 2 year Work Permit with your address on it, you own a car registered at your home address, but still your G/F has to go every 3 months/every time you stay in a hotel/every time you leave the country on business. What a shambles of a procedure, absolutely no connectivity or communications between systems. And to top it off my boss goes to Rayong and they say 'No need', 'dont bring back again'!!! <deleted>!

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I rented a condo, six months lease, neither the condo owner nor the juristic person ( manager) knew I had to be reported as living there, had to get signature from condo owner in another city and then report back, only found out by accident that I had to report. Many other farang living there unaware as well.

Why bother?

2 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

Laos, Vietnam, China.....and what do you suppose those countries all have in common?

I am not sure these countries ask the same.  Perhaps they are alluding to the USSR or North Korea.  I don't recall any of this when I visited China or Vietnam.

9 minutes ago, thaibear said:

You have a legitimate Visa with your address on it, you have a 2 year Work Permit with your address on it, you own a car registered at your home address, but still your G/F has to go every 3 months/every time you stay in a hotel/every time you leave the country on business. What a shambles of a procedure, absolutely no connectivity or communications between systems. And to top it off my boss goes to Rayong and they say 'No need', 'dont bring back again'!!! <deleted>!

Don't forget they said they're  going to make it easier for foreigners too!!!

5 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

I am not sure these countries ask the same.  Perhaps they are alluding to the USSR or North Korea.  I don't recall any of this when I visited China or Vietnam.

Me too, nobody seemed to care where I was or what I was doing, I was quite surprised how free and easy they were compared to Thailand or even the UK. (and the Philippines didn't care either)

It won't ever happen. They don't have the capabilities to implement this sort of thing. I wonder if the full foreigner database that was meant to be finished in 6 months (about a year ago) is due to be rolled out soon ????

1 hour ago, marcusb said:

My province is extremely strict about the TM30s.  Go out of town one night have to come back and report. Change of visa, come back and report.  Twice they have scared the hell out of the poor lady renting me my house,  She will not rent to a foreigner again. 

My friend moved into a townhouse owned by a nice old army general. Later another farang friend rented another unit. The general asked my friends if they knew anymore foreigners for another unit as he was quite happy renting to foreigners, rent on time, no parties, no hassle. Then immi started getting strict about the TM30s, he had to go down to immi a few times to straighten things out. He has now said he will never rent to farang again. 

This fear of renting to foreigners will increase with increased fines and rules. Soon it will be like Burma or China where we will only be able to stay in certified places. 

Sidenote: I went to immi on a Monday morning told them I have been to Laos and came back with a new NonB. They said the landlord MUST come in and redo the TM30 as I had a change of status. At 1:00 pm I had frantic calls from the landlord to meet at immi. I go there straighten things out. They are going to fine her 1600 Baht. Then immigration looks at me and says, its not really her fault it is my fault so I should pay. I disagreed and also told them I was back in the city 5:00PM on Sunday, I reported on Monday so there should be no fine. It was dropped. The fine is supposed to be for the homeowner but I can see in many cases it will be farang who pays.  Its a pretty messed up system. 

It is your fault. Move to another part of the country where they don’t enforce this. 

No way would I tolerate that. 

10 minutes ago, madmen said:

Just imagine if the UK or the rest of Europe adopted this vetting process when they were still developing nations. Thailand is forward thinking and protecting its borders and citizens. 

you should try North Korea, I heard it is nice this time of year 

Farang BIll right now is in the BAR with a bar girl, said 233 words and has been here 23 minutes

Farang Mike is across the street getting a massage and it has been 1 hour and 14 minutes

Farang Dave is drinking upstairs with Farang Frank and i haven't heard a word in 23 minutes

Farang Frank was three blocks away, address 110232 main street soi 43 for 11 minutes

I'm watching you, farangs!!!!

17 minutes ago, madmen said:

Just imagine if the UK or the rest of Europe adopted this vetting process when they were still developing nations. Thailand is forward thinking and protecting its borders and citizens and beleive it or not they give zero f.... about crusty old pensioners crying about it

Yeah but the irony of all this is they want tourism as a main industry.  Additionally, if they truly want to get undocumented people all they have to do is go down to any new high rise development and check the workers... additionally they are quickly being colonized by China or have you not noticed?

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

Yes prev. 3 . I was waiting 'til the end and I think there must be a form somewhere , re fingering  Imm. staff . No form you could get collared . There may be a form for that too.

Ahah - I think there is a 'linguistic disconnect' here between British and American English.... ????

https://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/having-sex/fingering-a-girl-3943.html

Having to report yourself within 24 hours at each location indeed dates back to 1979 and before. Senseless law, your stay becomes valid already when arriving.
And what is 10,000 baht for a real criminal? Pocket change. Any real criminal is on a Business visa with WP lol.

Then we have the illegal migrant workers, they stay at construction sites, so not helping.
Last but not least terrorists? Well they generally stay with like minded locals. So no help on that one either.

Monkey business & politics as usual, fools.

12 minutes ago, puukao said:

Farang BIll right now is in the BAR with a bar girl, said 233 words and has been here 23 minutes

Farang Mike is across the street getting a massage and it has been 1 hour and 14 minutes

Farang Dave is drinking upstairs with Farang Frank and i haven't heard a word in 23 minutes

Farang Frank was three blocks away, address 110232 main street soi 43 for 11 minutes

Update! Farang Dave just jumped of the balcony!

I can't see myself residing in LOS after I complete this latest retirement visa which has just been issued... enough is enough... have 12 months to sort out a new location to live.  I've been coming here regularly since 76 and have lived here since 98.... many very good law abiding years and lots of money spent / invested... all for what?? SO SAD TO SEE THE COUNTRY TREATING ALL FOREIGNERS AS GANGSTERS  ????

3 minutes ago, pattayadgw said:

I can't see myself residing in LOS after I complete this latest retirement visa which has just been issued... enough is enough... have 12 months to sort out a new location to live.  I've been coming here regularly since 76 and have lived here since 98.... many very good law abiding years and lots of money spent / invested... all for what?? SO SAD TO SEE THE COUNTRY TREATING ALL FOREIGNERS AS GANGSTERS  ????

Well the real gangsters are taken care of as if they are Royals so actually no rush or need to leave for that. Just the visa hassle that is a problem.
Also tons of options to pay 25-30k and get your yearly extension sorted, it has been a corruption chair dance only.

26 minutes ago, puukao said:

12 minutes ago, SkyNets said:

Update! Farang Dave just jumped of the balcony!

Can i have his motor bike ? :giggle:

23 minutes ago, simon43 said:
1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

Yes prev. 3 . I was waiting 'til the end and I think there must be a form somewhere , re fingering  Imm. staff . No form you could get collared . There may be a form for that too.

Ahah - I think there is a 'linguistic disconnect' here between British and American English.... ????

https://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/having-sex/fingering-a-girl-3943.html

Well.... collared after fingering... kinky

What a joke

I didn't want to believe it with all the negative talks going on nowadays but its clear, if you are a foreigner you are NOT wanted here. 

The authoritarian leader seems to believe Thailand can do without 'em, so I guess so be it. Did they read the north korean manifesto for inspiration or what, hilarious 

And this will stop criminals how? Good guys out, bad guys don't care.

They should issue all tourists (those entering the country) or those on extension (at their next application) a "log-book" which needs to be filled in (by the hotelier/housemaster) with every address you've stayed until you next leave.  When you leave the log-book is retained by Immigration and then cross referenced against all the TM30's that reported you.

The tourist/retiree can then be held responsible (and fined/blacklisted) for not keeping his log-book up-to-date, and any of the housemasters for not actually making the TM30 report.

Possible problems for those on overnight trains or busses, or those staying overnight in one or more short-time rooms, or even not managing to leave the bar/ditch where they fell comatose.

Certainly preferable to being micro-chipped and scanned every evening. 

3 hours ago, gmac said:

What about those on retirement extensions living with their wives who have been told there is no need to report on TM30 each time they leave the province/country as long as their home address remains the same?  Do we report or don't we? I shall continue to do so, it's a pain for me and for them but I don't fancy a 10000 baht fine just for doing what they have told me is ok.

There are specific rules set for this, I can't remember how many but they state a number of days you can be away without needing to re-register.

Archived