Grab in early morning hours?

bprhodes

I need to get to the CM airport for a 6 am flight from my home in the northern burbs. No major streets close by so tuk tuk or red truck are not options. Anyone have experience calling for a Grab at 3-4am? Or do I need to book a taxi?

There's an option in the app to schedule a Grab to pick you up at a specific time/day. Have done it before, driver accepted the job a couple of days in advance, phoned me to confirm, arrived at 6am no problem on the day. Was good as gold.

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

There's an option in the app to schedule a Grab to pick you up at a specific time/day. Have done it before, driver accepted the job a couple of days in advance, phoned me to confirm, arrived at 6am no problem on the day. Was good as gold.

That is a great answer!  Now to dive into the grab app and see if I can do this.

19 minutes ago, bprhodes said:

That is a great answer!  Now to dive into the grab app and see if I can do this.

Trick is that you need to use grab plus.  Of course at about 50% extra cost.  But better than hoping for a free driver at 3 am since I am outside of downtown.

I spoke to a Grab driver a few months back who drove me around 2am.

He said he likes to drive at night, because the streets are empty and he makes more money instead of being stuck in traffic.

So if you schedule your departure early enough, I think you will not have a problem, especially since airport rides are very lucrative as you can see in the price difference when you compare an airport drop off to a drop off to Jardin d'ete Gelato, which is very close to the airport.

Grab drivers as opposed to the old Uber drivers can see their destination before accepting.

Archived