Video: Much debate as big biker hits pick-up after "tow truck" goes the wrong way

webfact

Video: Much debate as big biker hits pick-up after "tow truck" goes the wrong way

10pm.jpg

Caption: Rushing to an accident scene

Helmet cam footage from an accident posted on the "Hia" site on Facebook showed a big biker slam into the back of a pick-up. 

The black pick up had itself been bit by a "tow truck" pick up going the wrong way. 

The driver of the purple vehicle said he was going to the scene of an accident and has his siren on. 

He appeared to be blaming a truck. 

It was not a foundation vehicle but a breakdown vehicle of some kind. 

There was much debate online about what actually happened and Thai Rath admitted they had yet to get to the bottom of this latest madness on the Thai roads. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-26

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Tow truck 100% to blame, whether he had a siren on, lights flashing, he had no right going against the traffic.

Indeed 100% blame on the tow truck, absolutely no reason for them to go against traffic. These clowns think they can do as they please.

21 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Tow truck 100% to blame, whether he had a siren on, lights flashing, he had no right going against the traffic.

Completely mad and seemingly quite fast, not expecting that others might be caught by surprise.

In his other life he does that on the scooter.

21 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You're mistaken Colin, he's Thai he has EVERY  right, don't  worry it's  an easy mistake  to make.

TOW TRUCK DRIVER 100% in the right, lol, thai thinking, i am a tow truck driver, i can drive against traffic as i have my hazard lights on, and every one will see me, even unsighted vehicles will swerve around me. i will not drive on the proper side of the highway, then do a U TURN, ( U turns are dam dangerous) as drivinmg against traffic is a short cut, and i will save 10 bahts worth of fuel ,. this is my first day at this job as previously i was a som tam seller.. and stop saying i am in the wrong..

47 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Bike camera saw the black truck brake lights on - did he slow down ?

No.

Cretin

This took a matter of seconds and I am sure YOU would have been prepared for it wouldn't you!

The words 'kettle' 'black' and 'pot' spring to mind on reading your comment. 

To me it was clear that the truck on the left had his brake lights on as did the truck in the right lane. However, watching the biker's hands, he made no move to gear down (or brake) despite the path ahead clearly being blocked.

I'm guessing he was probably thinking he'd just dart between the black truck and the white truck  and then squeeze past the cargo truck, without slowing down at all.

Personally I would have been slowing down well before as it was obvious there was congestion ahead. However, in this case he'd have probably still hit the truck as it happened so fast and so close to him.

And just because someone has their "flashies" on doesn't mean they can ram their way through traffic. The tow truck driver should be held responsible for ALL the damage (and injuries).
(And yes, I am a "big bike" rider, as well as a former Driving Instructor (Military) and Defensive Driving Instructor.)

Thai (and most western countries) have the same laws that state an emergency vehicle (including police, EMS, fire, and associated) can indeed drive any direction or way BUT must show due caution. 

Frame by frame seems to show that this tow truck did not show due caution. 

Would like to know if the bike rider is OK. Anybody know? 

5 minutes ago, pogal said:

Thai (and most western countries) have the same laws that state an emergency vehicle (including police, EMS, fire, and associated) can indeed drive any direction or way BUT must show due caution. 

the tow truck had loads of room, had he used it and stayed over to the left more and

less speed, probably no accident. at that point in time.

Tow truck driver selfish pig.

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Your user name speaks volumes, I sincerely hope that you do not have a driving licence..................Cr......nah.

50 years

Still all my limbs

All other road users are out to kill you

Be Aware - Beware

25 minutes ago, pogal said:

Emergency vehicles in the UK are only allowed to break normal  driving laws in exceptional circumstances and they don't have a absolute right to do so.  No emergency vehicle in any western country I know, would drive the wrong way down a road unless the normal direction  traffic was stationary or nearly so. AS for a tow truck doing it, well, as I say words fail me. 

http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/blue-light-use/

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

words fail me.  Sometimes Thai drivers just make me want to vomit,  they are so 'xxxxxxx' stupid.  

Another one of those personifications of driving perfection that imply that if you're not a Thai (and preferably from the west) you're a magnificent, faultless driver permanently in a position to slur and denigrate every Thai driver.

14 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Another one of those personifications of driving perfection that imply that if you're not a Thai (and preferably from the west) you're a magnificent, faultless driver permanently in a position to slur and denigrate every Thai driver.

I've got brains mate, common sense, an IQ over 50 and yes, I do know how to drive correctly. Thai drivers, in the majority, that I observe, have none of those things. It's not all a coincidence that I just happen to see the bad ones, or that only the very rare incidents of stupidity are reported on TV.  It's as common as ants.   As for this clown of a tow truck driver, well he just adheres to the reality of Thai driving. .   

Archived