Movie Currently Being Filmed in Chiang Mai

Gonzo the Face

There is definitely some sort of film production going on. Apparently the technical team is staying at the hotel behind Meechok Plaza. They have about 6-8 large equipment trucks from various Thai film services companies. I have seen them there for several days as I go to the Tops Market. Have not heard anything about Spike Lee. I am sure though he would be staying at one of the 5 star hotels in the area. 

Would anybody like to be an extra in the film? Here's the casting call:

Spike Lee, renowned film director and actor famous for dealing with controversial issues like racism, politics and urban violence in his films. Known for his candid portrayal of taboo topics, is bring is production company to Chiang Mai to shoot his new film.

American movie shoot in Chiangmai, looking for cast & extras
Shooting period : March – May , 2019

https://www.facebook.com/401248506596539/posts/casting-callspike-lee-renowned-film-director-and-actor-famous-for-dealing-with-c/2037185153002858/

5 hours ago, bubba said:

Would anybody like to be an extra in the film? Here's the casting call:

Spike Lee, renowned film director and actor famous for dealing with controversial issues like racism, politics and urban violence in his films. Known for his candid portrayal of taboo topics, is bring is production company to Chiang Mai to shoot his new film.

American movie shoot in Chiangmai, looking for cast & extras
Shooting period : March – May , 2019

https://www.facebook.com/401248506596539/posts/casting-callspike-lee-renowned-film-director-and-actor-famous-for-dealing-with-c/2037185153002858/

Thank you, I considered it but I have a face for radio and I doubt that there were many geezer GI's.

4 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

Thank you, I considered it but I have a face for radio and I doubt that there were many geezer GI's.

That might be exactly what they are looking for.  It is supposed to take place 50 years after the war.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a bit of an update on  this topic.  This production crew and all supporting men and women involved were at my place, here on the river, for a total of 12 days.  Setting up, shooting, and then tearing down and getting things back to normal.
I have to say that it was one super special experience living through all 12 of those days. Was really saddened to see it all end and the entire crew leave. Must be said that the entire crew were all just super, super people. Very kind, considerate and helpful and totally understanding.  They actually left the place in a better shape than when they arrived.  The movie, I am told should be out before years end for a couple months and then going on to Netflix.  .... And I actually got to meet Spike Lee.  Very nice guy and seemed just like any normal down to earth guy. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

On 4/11/2019 at 1:21 PM, Gonzo the Face said:

Just as a bit of an update on  this topic.  This production crew and all supporting men and women involved were at my place, here on the river, for a total of 12 days.  Setting up, shooting, and then tearing down and getting things back to normal.
I have to say that it was one super special experience living through all 12 of those days. Was really saddened to see it all end and the entire crew leave. Must be said that the entire crew were all just super, super people. Very kind, considerate and helpful and totally understanding.  They actually left the place in a better shape than when they arrived.  The movie, I am told should be out before years end for a couple months and then going on to Netflix.  .... And I actually got to meet Spike Lee.  Very nice guy and seemed just like any normal down to earth guy. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

So you started the thread asking if anyone was aware of the movie and then updated it by saying that all involved in the movie stayed at your place for 12 days. So tell us more, what was so great about it?

So you started the thread asking if anyone was aware of the movie and then updated it by saying that all involved in the movie stayed at your place for 12 days. So tell us more, what was so great about it?

Yeah, something seems fish about this.

Archived