Multi entry education visa - questions

Hello, I stay in Asia from 1 year and 2 months. In this time I spent around 8 - 9 months in Thailand based on tourists visa (2, one from home country and one from Myanmar) and visa exemptions. No back to home country. Now I wan't apply for multi entry education visa.  I would choose English language lessons...

To be pretty clear and honest - I want go to school which don't require attending to classes and despite of this, give a help to get a visa.  I don't have time to visit school, because I have online job and moreover I wanna frequent travel during visa time. That's why I choose multi entry education visa.  Almost everymonth I plan to visit new country in Asia (from one week to 1- 1.5 months travel per country) and after back to Thailand. 

And in my travelling plan I see potential issue. Of course school can give me letter, recomendation and everything, but what about Immigration officer? Officer can ask: "Hey, You have education visa, you should attend to school 4-5 times per weeks, but now You spent one month in China.  How You can have education if visa if You don't go to school, just travelling?"

Do You think multi entry education visa is well solution in my situation? Or it's high risk to be denied and lost visa, when I will travelling a lot? Even from my point of view, it's sounds strange, but well.. this is Thailand and everything can happen.  Do You have some experience? Maybe someone travel a lot with multi entry visa? What do You recommend? 

I consider apply for Multi Entry Tourist Visa. Sounds OK, but for first I spend much time in Thailand on tourist visa. And second, I think its not possible to get METV in some Thai embassy in Asia. Just back to home country.  Any tips?

I will be so grateful for Your help. 

Edited by DannyP
  • Haha 1

You will not be able to get a multiple entry non-ed visa within the region. It might even be difficult to get one now in your home country.

To apply for one you would have to enroll in a school.

You can only apply for METV in you home country or country of legal residence.

Perhaps a Thai Elite visa would be an option. You can get a 5 year visa that allow unlimited one year entry up to the date it expires.

See: https://www.thailandelite.com/at-your-service/card/elite-easy-access-membership?locate=en

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not be able to get a multiple entry non-ed visa within the reason. It might even be difficult to get one now in your home country.

To apply for one you would have to enroll in a school.

You can only apply for METV in you home country or country of legal residence.

Perhaps a Thai Elite visa would be an option. You can get a 5 year visa that allow unlimited one year entry up to the date it expires.

See: https://www.thailandelite.com/at-your-service/card/elite-easy-access-membership?locate=en

I now a lot of situations when friends dont attend to school and have visa. But they not travelling like me, just stay in Thailand... Well, if not means not ???? Go to Vietnam for few months ????

Thai elite visa is the best option but for future maybe, not now. I plan stay in Asia this and next year. After live in another continent. 

Edited by DannyP

The ED visa is not designed to fit your plans. Having signed up for a course, and received permission to stay to attend classes, they do not expect you to be spending much time out of the country during your studies.

An METV would be a better choose.

6 hours ago, DannyP said:

And in my travelling plan I see potential issue. Of course school can give me letter, recomendation and everything, but what about Immigration officer? Officer can ask: "Hey, You have education visa, you should attend to school 4-5 times per weeks, but now You spent one month in China.  How You can have education if visa if You don't go to school, just travelling?"

Exactly.  Even with a re-entry permit on your extension, you could have problems - and possibly problems with the extensions themselves, though that tends to be a "pay for no problems" arrangement between the school and immigration.

Bottom line, an ED is a bad choice for traveling.  METV is ideal.  Multiple SETVs would be the 2nd best option - just be prepared to get a new passport when you get a "remark stamp" from a consulate, as a result of having several SETVs in your passport already. 

I would suggest not to use Visa-Exempt entries, except in emergencies - for cases where you go out for a SETV and don't get it for some reason - and even then, only get them by entering at safe land-border entry points (all except Poipet/Aranya) - and be prepared to show a money (10K) a flight out, and a hotel-booking. 

I would also enter at safe land-borders with SETVs from now on, since you have already accumulated "too much" time here, from the perspective of an IO at a bad entry-point.  Be prepared to show 20K Baht in cash or travelers checks for those entries.