S African suspect in killing of Thai businesswoman captured in Vancouver

snoop1130

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

Because the "meet up in a hotel at 8am on a Sunday to handle a jewellery transaction after being out until 4am" story is ridiculous. Most the coke comes into Thailand (and much of Asia and Europe these days) via Africa with a heavy Nigerian connection at the distribution stage, he looks (and travels) like a gangster and she looked rather a lot like a gangster's moll, for example there's photos circulating of her throwing what appear very much to be gang signs.

IMHO, of course.

A business meeting at 8am is a long way from being "ridiculous".   

Her being out the night before has no bearing on the timing of a business meeting the next day with a different person.

So if you happen to post a photo on social media showing a gang sign that makes you, more than likely, a drug dealer, does it?  No, it doesn't.  Out of interest, what exactly does a "gangsters moll" look like?

I'd guess that there are more Africans in Bangkok involved in the gems/jewellery trade than there are in drug dealing but that's just my rational opinion based on having gems/jewellery connections here and you do seem more au fait with the drug business. 

12 minutes ago, Blue Water Sailor said:

Evidence? I said Murder is Murder regardless of what twisted circumstances there may be, everybody that knows me at all, knows I take people one at a time, I could care less where your from, what skin color you have, or what, if any, religion you are. Having said that, it's quite clear to me you know very little about the world, how it works, and who's running it. And no, the Nigerians dont run the world.

Is the world run by lonely fantasists in their bedrooms?

15 minutes ago, Blue Water Sailor said:

I don't talk about what I do, where I do it, or who I do it with, especially on an internet forum

Really?  It seems that you do..."I'll tell you how, being part of the people that are hunting them, that's how".

3 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Very unlikely that they would seek the death penalty in this case, it is normally only sought in cases of aggravated murder, and even then it is always reduced to life when a guilty plea has been entered, or failing that, it is almost always commuted on appeal.

nevertheless it will have to be stated as such before extradition takes place..

5 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Wow, only a white South African could be that concerned by the mans ethnic makeup.

Who said I am either white or South African? Just commenting that his appearance did not seem to fit the original info snowflake.

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

On Monday, Thai police – on learning that Memela had fled to Hong Kong – coordinated with Interpol and Hong Kong police in an effort to locate him.

And yet, Vorayuth Yoovidhya, who flies from international airport to international airport - in a Red Bull private jet -- well, seems to be a ghost which no police agency, including Interpol, can find. 
Give that some thought. And while doing that thought experiment - contemplate the morality which our legal institutions are suppose to uphold.  Then contemplate why it's so immensely simple to be a cynic given that protection afforded the 'privileged' while seeing how many plebes our governments can incarcerate to crimes which shouldn't even be crimes.

6 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

he deserves the firing squad what a pratt killing a defence less woman for 900,000 bht equevalent of 25,000 pounds which is nothing , shame on him and no mercy same as he did not show 

Actually,  25,000 pounds couldn't be classed as nothing.

A junky will cut you in half for a tenner these days.

But I do get your point. 

On 3/26/2019 at 6:59 AM, from the home of CC said:

unfortunately they'll have to take the death penalty off the table before Canada will extradite..

I wouldn't!  Removing the death penalty only aids the guilty in negotiating an even lower sentence. If Canada won't extradite, fine! Let them "enjoy" their new immigrant. I hear it's open season on Canucks anyhow.

14 hours ago, rott said:

Who said I am either white or South African? Just commenting that his appearance did not seem to fit the original info snowflake.

No one, it was just my guess.  I can't believe there is anyone else in the world who is commenting on whether someone on the news' hair appears to be of black or colored descent, other than white South Africans, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I wouldn't!  Removing the death penalty only aids the guilty in negotiating an even lower sentence. If Canada won't extradite, fine! Let them "enjoy" their new immigrant. I hear it's open season on Canucks anyhow.

Heavens to mergatroyds, what is this banter about open season on the kind and benevolent souls of Canada?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No one, it was just my guess.  I can't believe there is anyone else in the world who is commenting on whether someone on the news' hair appears to be of black or colored descent, other than white South Africans, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I find such topics interesting.

But I carry it further to other ethnicities and regions.

To simply lump all blacks into a single group thus robbing them of their individuality sounds... well it sounds very demeaning.

And when attempting to describe the physical attributes of a possible murderer, such details can help narrow the search if the suspect flees back to his home region.

2 hours ago, ShortTimed said:

I find such topics interesting.

But I carry it further to other ethnicities and regions.

To simply lump all blacks into a single group thus robbing them of their individuality sounds... well it sounds very demeaning.

And when attempting to describe the physical attributes of a possible murderer, such details can help narrow the search if the suspect flees back to his home region.

Nothing at all to do with lumping all blacks into one single group, they didn't say he has hair like a bantu, they said he looks to be colored, which means mixed race in South Africa.

Please explain how you think suggesting he may be of mixed race could help to find this person who we already know the name of and already have a photo of, sounds like apologist nonsense to me.

On 3/26/2019 at 6:29 PM, Andrew65 said:

Not really, a life sentence in a Thai prison would be worse. Although foreigners tend to serve 8 years of a life sentence before being transferred to a prison in their home country.

Yes really.  Canada will not extradite unless given a guarantee that the suspect will not face the death penalty, if convicted.  However, like you say, a life sentence in a Thai prison could possibly be worse and I wouldn't give much for his chances of survival anyway, given he bludgeoned to death a Thai woman. 

Yes really.  Canada will not extradite unless given a guarantee that the suspect will not face the death penalty, if convicted.  However, like you say, a life sentence in a Thai prison could possibly be worse and I wouldn't give much for his chances of survival anyway, given he bludgeoned to death a Thai woman. 

Well this guy sure knew how to play the international legal system to his advantage and wasted no time getting to Vancouver.

On 3/28/2019 at 4:14 AM, mikosan said:

Many years ago I read a book called "The Last Executioner". It's written by a Thai prison warder type who was the last man to execute people with a machine gun. That's where I got my stat about farangs serving an average of 8 years of long sentences before being transferred to a prison in their home country.

Recommended reading, probably available at Asia Books.

Archived