quitting smoking

roroeow7

Hello Guys.

<snip>

I am wanting to quit smoking for my self and to give my family a better chance at life as smoking is costing $100 a week and i know i can put that money towards giving them and myself a better life but i am struggling again i have done 6 days of cutting back from 10 - 6 smokes a day but i want to quit really quickly and i find that if my partner isnt around i tend to hide half smokes and go back for them when he isnt home ( my partner and i are quitting together) and he takes all the smokes and i keep the papers as we smokes rollies and i want to save money to be able to get our selfs our own house and give our kids a better future ( i am currently pregnant) and i dont want to use patches or gum or anything that contains nicotin as i have a very addictive attitude towards things so i was wondering if there is any one on here besides my doctor that can help my try and quit. Thank you.

even tho motivation is no1, you will still find good use of

snuff/cigars/others that gives you a break from sigs.

for me, getting away from it long enough and theres no going back to low quality sigs for as long as i steer clear from beer,

that is too closely linked to smoking

Throw the smokes out the car window...throw all the lighters in the garbage...go look in the mirror and say to yourself: "I've got this!"

Your mind must accept that you can live without smokes...your body will follow what your mind dictates...

Good Luck!   ????

I can never understand why someone comes to a forum that's focused toward Thailand and visa issues to ask about general medical and lifestyle concerns. Of course, getting opinions from all perspectives can have advantages, but it can also just provide someone with an overload of info that must be sorted through for value and validity.

I'd advise you to look in some of the very many sites dedicated to this difficult task then go to a forum to ask about personal experiences for some of the approaches you think are best for you. In other words, have specific questions to ask. 

I quit after many years of smoking, and one of the things that I find to be very true was to dig down deep and find the willpower to get by without nicotine for those first 3 days. It gets a lot easier after you clear that hurdle. 

I tried many times using nicotine patches and it never helped

so one day I said stuff it I went cold turkey and never looked

back I started smoking when I was about 15 I guess and stopped

when I was about 65 it was the best thing I ever done don't get

me wrong I am not a reformed smoker many of my friends still

smoke but I don't mind after all this years I don't feel upset if

some one smokes close to me

• 5 weeks later...

I on my way too! Understand how it's hard. But I have some free advice ???? 

1. Don't try to replace smoking with food.

2. Start a new hobby. For example, jogging. It will help you concentrate on something new.

3. Don't blame yourself for cigarets. It's ok, just move on. 

• 2 months later...

I also quit after 25+ years, its not easy but if you have the will there is a way.

I would recommend finding the "trigger", for me it was mostly coffee, so I knocked that on the head. The rest was shear determination and will to succeed. Find the trigger, kill that and its a great start point.

It is a habit after all and one that can be broken, you just need to find what works for you, as we are all different.

Best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is no cutting down, If I could smoke a couple a day I never would have quit.

I had an accident and was losing my foot. Hanging around places where you can't smoke helps. Candy helps, not drinking helps.

Smoked about 20 years, 3-pack a day, been off 'em 30 years and still feel like one once in a while...

Archived