Grab reliability in Ubon Ratchatani

prb

Hi,

I am in Ubon City Center and need to catch a flight departing tomorrow morning at 8.40AM.

Will it be an issue to get in a reasonnable amount of time a grab driver to come to my hotel around 7.00AM?

Thanks

Since I have my own transport here, I rarely use grab. From what I've heard from others, they are reliable on short distances and at times cancel long distances.

I think they have an option to schedule a grab? Schedule one for tomorrow at 7:00. If he is not there by 7:00, have the hotel call you one. Depending which hotel you are at, there are usually taxis nearby

Thanks.

I finally asked my hotel to order a taxi for me as I found out, reading different forums that they usually use the counter in Ubon.

There was no issue, paid 40 from the counter and an additional 30 that is, I suppose, for the pickup (the driver was speaking 0 English and showed me 70 on his phone).

This is cheaper than the grab quote when I did a simulation last night, so overall a good experience with Ubon taxi.

Yeah, generally Grab is cheaper and more reliable. You see the fare before you accept. With the meter taxi, they can drive wrong ( especially if you dont know the area ) and the meter keeps going. With grab, if the driver drives wrong or takes the wrong exit etc, its on them.

Your simulation with grab being more expensive is "Correct" in your case. For some reason ( I have not figured out yet ???? ), there is an additional fee for dropping you off at the airport. If you set the pin in front of the airport, the fare will be significantly lower. Again, not sure why. I was thinking some sort of airport fee, but cant explain why regular taxis dont have this fee.

Archived