InkWorld closing??

Just a heads up for the locals.

I went to InkWorld (opposite Thai Inter Hospital) today to buy some cartridges for my printer. They have a sign in the window that they will be closing the business from the 13th April. From what I could understand from the lady, it is the ink consumables side of the business. Not sure about the repairs and Fiber installation side.

36 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Thank you for that... and I just bought a new printer from them as they are/were so reliable.

Where to buy ink now???

They are still open until 13th April, so you could buy some there in advance.

Otherwise, she gave me a small printout with details and number as follow:

Power Buy 077-963402

Samui Aksorn 077-420192

Banana IT 077-426951

JIB 088-0026577

17 hours ago, phetphet said:

They have a sign in the window that they will be closing the business from the 13th April.

Song Kran holiday begin at the 13th of April, many shop close for 3 to 5 days during Song Kran, sound like its just that...????

Edit: Power Buy in Chaweng's Central Festival has a wide variety of printer ink.

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

Song Kran holiday begin at the 13th of April, many shop close for 3 to 5 days during Song Kran, sound like its just that...????

Edit: Power Buy in Chaweng's Central Festival has a wide variety of printer ink.

No. The lady even gave me a ticket with places and phone numbers (see post #3) where one can buy ink in the future.

Just a heads up for the locals. I went to InkWorld (opposite Thai Inter Hospital) today to buy some cartridges for my printer. They have a sign in the window that they will be closing the business from the 13th April. From what I could understand from the lady, it is the ink consumables side of the business. Not sure about the repairs and Fiber installation side.

Edited Tuesday at 06:56 PM by phetphet

There is no way they are closing. They have a profitable business. Refills are as:

cheap as chips

13 hours ago, SamuiGeezer said:

There is no way they are closing. They have a profitable business. Refills are as:

Here is a photo of the sign in the window, In both Thai and English. Maybe the one in Thai explains more clearly than the English one.

To confirm, I asked the lady if they will reopen after Songkran. She said "No".7hKLfl5sRUCKXoI6nXmOHQ.thumb.jpg.1894b9073a762e11361acb9b7f39fc88.jpg

901955251_pjnwrGpSAC7EpbLOGMx6A.thumb.jpg.4bf2cdfc59c566221a58e6e2e4f961cf.jpg

My son just took a look (at my screen) & after a bit of prompting he thinks they'll open again after Songkran.

HTH

Re Ink by mail order; Lazada can be hit and miss. A brace of cartridges from a Bkk outlet ordered CoD last week failed to materialize yet a pair ordered on Monday from a different bkk outlet arrived yesterday!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Anybody know where i can fix this printer in Samui please ? I didn't use for several months and now of course is totally blocked and there is no way I can use it again.

They replaced in the that shop the head in the past for the same reason, but now i have no idea where to go to have it replaced ! Any help please ?753206608_CanonIP2770.thumb.jpg.2b5aa8e8bcb6290e6c646229d4e17bdd.jpg

• 1 month later...

After the demise of InkWorld for printer repairs, I have finally found another candidate.

On the ring road - heading out of Chaweng from Tesco towards Lamai. Just after the Caltex petrol station turn right (Soi 12) and second shop on the left. Called My Computer. 081 569 8986. Easily seen on street view.

The sorted my printer out quite quickly.

Archived