Anutin: “Kingmaker” or a lot more?

webfact

Anutin: “Kingmaker” or a lot more?

5-1024x437.jpg

Amid all the uncertainties in the aftermath of Sunday’s general election, one man has gone virtually and mysteriously underground. Everyone’s radar, though, has been searching for Bhumjaithai leader Anutin Charnvirakul, whose name is outstanding on every news website currently because it was mentioned by other people involved in the vociferous race to form a coalition government.

The only confirmed activity of Anutin was the update of his Facebook. He has changed his profile into a simple mugshot made intriguing by an inserted photo of red chili. It drew quite a few comments, one of which was replied by the man of the hours. “Hot and spicy,” was what Anutin said, which coincidentally seems to describe his political rating at the moment.

On Sunday, following the viral spread of the now famous photos taken from the wedding in Hong Kong of Thaksin Shinawatra’s youngest daughter, sources associated with Bhumjaithai told ThaiPBS that siding with Pheu Thai after the election was untenable now. The sources deemed working with Pheu Thai, whose connections with Thaksin are no secret, too risky in many ways.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/anutin-kingmaker-or-a-lot-more/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-03-27

What does one call a politician who does not stand for anything, but holds out his support to whomever offers the most? I run into difficulties when I answer that.

Apropos of nothing specific, what do you call a young woman living/working in Nana Plaza who accepts drinks and cash for services? 

What do you think of Thailand's future?

What does one call a politician who does not stand for anything, but holds out his support to whomever offers the most? I run into difficulties when I answer that.

Winston Peters?

What do you think of Thailand's future?

Same same but different.

OK sarcasm aside, this scenario is pre-Thaksin Thai politics at it's finest. When no party, let alone individual politician, stood for anything (except the unmentionable) or even pretended that they did.

Personally if this otherwise dull election turns out this result I will be pleasantly surprised.

2 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

what do you call a young woman living/working in Nana Plaza who accepts drinks and cash for services? 

A single mom from a rural area who did not have the benefits of a competitive education.  Some of them have far more integrity than those who were born into great wealth.   

In the past a man like Anutin had to pay at least B50m for a deputy ministership and a lot more for a full ministry. Now it looks like they will be paying him.

Not mentioned is that Anutin is just a nominee for the owner of his party, the supreme trickster of Buriram and former master vote buyer for Thaksin.

May have missed his chance

PT dangled the top job in front of him so that they would have a solid majority, but he preferred to wait and see who came out on top

Could go from kingmaker to also-ran very quickly

Archived