Pattaya: Police volunteer attacks two year old child with truncheon after family turn around at checkpoint

webfact

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

obviously the wild and woolly walloper [sic cop slang] has gone for the weakest link in the human shield that was presented to him at short notice...

lucky not in malaysia... as they'd have been all submachine gunned in the back

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If they cannot get the fine,they are going to take a piece of you,

never seen police carrying a trouchon here,so who knows what

he was hit with,maybe an iron bar,this is a real disgrace,and i hope

the perpetrator is found and punished,but i doubt he will

regards worgeordie

The BIB use "helpers" in black uniforms to make sure nobody escape the tea-money fee. 

16 minutes ago, bander said:

The BIB use "helpers" in black uniforms to make sure nobody escape the tea-money fee. 

Some of them will need "Helpers", if there are any runners,as the regular 

coppers ,most of them too fat,would never catch them.

regards worgeordie

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I have seen disgraceful tactics employed by the cops to get someone to stop, with no thought whatsoever for the potential injury or death such stupidity can cause. And for what? 99% of the time, it is simply a bit of extra tea money. I hope the dirtbag that did this is found and publicly crucified. Smashing a baby in the head with a truncheon is just not acceptable in the slightest, regardless of why mum and dad wanted to avoid the stop.

I'm sure it will cost him plenty, maybe 120b.  

9 hours ago, zhangxifu said:

It's quite normal. Usually without a shave for days too. And they do give a chase. I have never been truncheoned though. If you ever imagined what a highway bandit might look like?

..bring him to me.

Irresponsible Thai parents knowingly taking their child out on a motorcycle that for some reason or other (no licence or insurance or helmets) was not legal for any of them to be in control of. The poor childs injuries indicate he was not wearing a helmet at the time. It could have been a lot worse for all if they had an accident. The police volunteer was well over the top & should be punished but the childs parents & child shouldnt have been on the motorcycle, they will be on the motorcycle again tomorrow regardless, or will they be making sure they are legally allowed on the road first?

A post in Thai has been removed this is an English language forum.

A post has been removed as it breaks the following forum rule:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.  

1 hour ago, CGW said:

Decent of you to give the baton waving thug the benefit of the doubt ????

Pity you don't address the fact the parents not only were breaking the law, but had no regard for the safety of their child. The least the parents could have done was put a safety helmet on the kid.

And I doubt the Policeman would have specifically targeted a kid on a moving motor bike  sandwiched between 2 adults. 

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

truncheon

Didn’t know what Truncheon was so looked it up. Police person 

billy club , baton. Using that type of force when children are 

there is wrong absolutely wrong. 

The only situation I could think of if a criminal was using a child

as a shield still then the police need to caution and wait the person out until they surrender or you can take them out

7 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Stop breaking the law. 

Breaking a law does not give the police a wildcard aka joker to use violence. Especially as the child/baby obviously was not guilty for the faults of his parents.

Actually the law breaking is done by that police officer ... criminal assault with bodily harm ...

You are missing one main point - it was a police volunteer.  Thai or Farang?  Neither have permission to seriously injure a child, with or without a helmet.  But if a Farang, a Pattaya volunteer, he is taking his rent a cop duties too seriously.  But really - to spend one's golden years in a self paid for uniform - are they really respected by real policemen or the Farang community? Even less after this display, I reckon ...

11 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Fleeing a checkpoint is a risky business. You have escalated the issue with the police. .... Bad decisions all round.

I'm not saying the police aren't to blame; they should set up the checkpoint properly so that people cannot see it and change course.  But to run from the police on a motorbike with a baby is also pretty stupid; you're putting everyone in danger at that point (even more so than you were taking the baby on a motorbike without a helmet).  Better just pay the fine than take a risk like that.  The police do need to enforce the laws and they do need to try to stop people who run from them. 

Again, not saying what that cop (or volunteer) did was right, but the parents are also to blame for 1. breaking the law and 2. putting their child in danger fleeing from the police.

A police office nearly knocked me off my bike trying to stop me by hitting me with a rolled up magazine. That was for driving on a bridge that all motorcycles use. I could hear the other officers saying Falang, Falang. Disgraceful. Nearly knocked me off my bike severely injuring me and damaging my bike for a 100 Baht fine at the time ( 4 years ago) when they have a duty not to cause injury to the citizens that pay their wages. They forget who their masters are.

Not sure if this notion has been expressed already, but could the child's injuries have been caused by the couple having an accident whilst trying to get away from the checkpoint, falling off the bike and scraping along the ground? Then claiming they were attacked by a bent copper to avoid responsibility for their actions?

Adding to my original post, we only have the family's story of an attack by a police officer as to how the injuries to their child occured, which appear to me to be scrape marks, rather than blunt-force trauma.  Are there any independent witnesses, CCTV or the like? Just saying.

7 minutes ago, Jadam said:

Again, not saying what that cop (or volunteer) did was right, but the parents are also to blame for 1. breaking the law and 2. putting their child in danger fleeing from the police.

I see you are saying it but not saying it.  This is quite a feat.  Just admit that you think the lawless piece of SH$&$&$ was within his rights to swing at the child.  Go ahead, say it clearly. Show us who you are.

19 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

the lawless piece of SH$&$&$ was within his rights to swing at the child

I didn't say that, you did. 

I said:

...the parents are also to blame..

The word "also" indicates that another party is to blame in my opinion in addition to the parents, and it's not too much of a leap to surmise that other party is either the police or the person who beat the child with a weapon.  I hope I've managed to clear that up for you.

I also assumed that it goes without saying that the cops shouldn't beat people (let alone children).  Silly me to assume that would be a common, unstated opinion.

47 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

A police office nearly knocked me off my bike trying to stop me by hitting me with a rolled up magazine. That was for driving on a bridge that all motorcycles use. I could hear the other officers saying Falang, Falang. Disgraceful. Nearly knocked me off my bike severely injuring me and damaging my bike for a 100 Baht fine at the time ( 4 years ago) when they have a duty not to cause injury to the citizens that pay their wages. They forget who their masters are.

Ditto, has happened to me twice. Fortunately I didn't come off. One jumped out from behind a parked car and and chopped my arm. First I knew of it was him hitting me. Location : Ratchadamri. Outcome : I fled and escaped!

The other pulled level with me on a motorbike and again chopped my arm for being in the wrong lane. I was shocked. We were doing 80 km/h! He just hit me without warning. Location : Viphavadi. Outcome : I stopped and I think I was fined, can't remember.

4 hours ago, AmericanSafety said:

If that were my kid and a cop tried to strike him, that would be the end of his career, at the least.

You alone against the whole corrupted Pattaya police force?

I think better to get out of Dodge as soon as possible. 

Just saying.

Archived