BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Road carnage continues: 56 killed yesterday. March: 1110 dead. Year total: 3,704

Road carnage continues: 56 killed yesterday. March: 1110 dead. Year total: 3,704

9pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that the latest road casualties in Thailand on Tuesday were 56 dead at the scene. 

They cautioned that the figure would rise when deaths at hospitals were added to the figures. 

This is about average for a day on Thai roads that are some of the most dangerous in the world. 

They picked up on a couple of incidents to highlight the dangers. One was a pick-up whose driver was killed after he lost control in Kuiburi, Prajuab Khiri Khan. 

9pm2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police said that rain and slippery conditions contributed to that accident. 

CCTV footage showed another pick-up that was hit by a train at a level crossing. They did not report what happened to the driver. 

The latest accidents brought the death toll for March to 1110 and the total since the start of the year to 3,704. 

Daily News report the figures every day in an effort to raise awareness. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-27

17 minutes ago, webfact said:

CCTV footage showed another pick-up that was hit by a train at a level crossing. They did not report what happened to the driver. 

Not sure, but seems a person thrown out of the cabin.

Of course not buckled up.

Only tank traps could stop such an idiot trying to drive through.

Stop signs, flashing lights, alarm bells? Kid's stuff.

24 minutes ago, webfact said:

Police said that rain and slippery conditions contributed to that accident. 

The nasty, nasty mother nature :cheesy::cheesy:

Rain and slippery conditions the cause, How about highlighting speed and not reducing speed in wet conditions the major cause, Thai's will not slow down even when it is very heavy, Many times I have reduced my speed to a safe speed to then have a idiot tailgating me and trying to force me out of the way.

The truck in the video was on the right looking to go around the barrier gate it seems. Looks like he was slowly peeking to see if it was safe to go and got his answer.

Ban Thais from driving.

Long term visas and government salary for foreigners willing to work as drivers. 

43 minutes ago, webfact said:

This is about average for a day on Thai roads that are some of the most dangerous in the world.

So it seems. Can't blame the cars or roads though.

Well done mr Prayuth! You have been in charge for 5 years and nothing has changed about the road safety.

Stupidity, Laziness and Incompetence

Pretty much applies to everything in Thailand.

7 minutes ago, bowerboy said:

Stupidity, Laziness and Incompetence

Pretty much applies to everything in Thailand.

Pretty much the same in the UK now too..... but probably not the 'laziness' part.  

I thought the Greeks and Italians were maniac drivers, but Thai driving skills top the lot. 

No care. 

Lack of awareness. 

No respect for the law. 

Poor police enforcement. 

Poor road management. 

No respect for other road users and pedestrians alike. 

Lack of education, critical thinking. 

Me. Me. Me f... you greedy attitude... 

They seem to be in a constant trance, a battle, wanting to win, be first, especially the crazy Thai motorcyclists. 

Big egos, small.... 

NEXT...... about as newsworthy as my bowel movements.

At least the trainee doctors have plenty of fresh cadavers to work on & the trauma surgeons get plenty of practice/experience, quickly. 

In fact the surgeons would be useful in war torn countries as they would be able to deal with mass casualties and catastrophic injuries.

Yep and it will continue until the government and the police do something about it.  They are too busy lining up for photos rather than getting off their lazy <deleted> and actually doing their job.  

All the fatalities and accidents are caused by 3rd party and natural events. Never the drivers themselves.