Cement truck company fined after dropping cement on Patong Hill

webfact

Cement truck company fined after dropping cement on Patong Hill – VIDEO

54728658_2056747687707910_11736439873706

PHOTOS/VIDEO: Kathu Police

A Phuket-based cement truck company has been fined after the truck dropped cement as it was climbing Patong Hill yesterday afternoon.

The CCTV footage shows the incident when the cement truck was going up on Patong Hill and dropping cement on the road along the way. The incident was reported by Kathu Police.

The cement company manager today has been fined 10,000 baht by Kathu Law Enforcement officers for dropping cement on the road.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/cement-truck-company-fined-after-dropping-cement-on-patong-hill-video

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-03-27

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Looks more like concrete to me, but very easily done especially if the concrete is wet. I had some concrete trucks in Leeds and you could have built Trumps wall with the concrete that was lost from the back.

should have fined you also   mr pedantic 

This is a big problem elsewhere, the road from Layan to Nai Thon, much used by cyclists, is covered in concrete spills which are dangerous for cyclists.

A simple solution used elsewhere is a hook and a large steel bucket at the end of the chute that contains the smaller spill caused by the surge as the truck changes gear up a hill.

You would have needed a wheel barrow not a bucket here though.

1 hour ago, Mises said:

This is a big problem elsewhere, the road from Layan to Nai Thon, much used by cyclists, is covered in concrete spills which are dangerous for cyclists.

A simple solution used elsewhere is a hook and a large steel bucket at the end of the chute that contains the smaller spill caused by the surge as the truck changes gear up a hill.

You would have needed a wheel barrow not a bucket here though.

Yes.  I was going to mention that.  I remember when that new road was just resurfaced.  Beautiful job too. Then the very next day I was riding my bike through the hills to Nai Thon and lo and behold a huge concrete spill.  The new road was completely destroyed in less than 24hrs. 

Archived