Phalang Pracharat dismisses anti-junta coalition, prepares to announce bid for govt

webfact

Phalang Pracharat dismisses anti-junta coalition, prepares to announce bid for govt

By The Nation

a0875bccb9a4a5b406af09867bd34b0d.jpeg

The Phalang Pracharat Party has showed no concern over an attempt to form a pro-democracy bloc coalition government led by the Pheu Thai Party.

"We are not worried about that," said party leader Uttama Savanayana on Wednesday.

Uttama declined to comment further but told media to table their questions at the party’s press conference this afternoon, where Phalang Pracharat is expected to announce its own move to form a ruling coalition.

Earlier this morning, leaders of six anti-junta parties led by the Thaksin-backed Pheu Thai signed a pact to jointly form a coalition government, claiming they had gathered a majority in the House of 255 seats from seven parties.

However, they did not mention the name of the 7th party.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30366641

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-27

45 minutes ago, webfact said:

We are not worried about that," said party leader Uttama Savanayana on Wednesday.

Oh yes, they are worried. The pro-democracy got together willingly and faster than the pro-junta group. Pro-junta having difficulty to string a coalition together. Shows the unwilliness but sure the Dem and BJT will come around when the rewards are sorted out. Kind of like whores. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Earlier this morning, leaders of six anti-junta parties led by the Thaksin-backed Pheu Thai signed a pact to jointly form a coalition government, claiming they had gathered a majority in the House of 255 seats from seven parties.

The problem is that this move, ahead of the official election result, could be illegal under EC rules in which case they may be 'red carded' and the good general could then take all their seats 

16 hours ago, otherstuff1957 said:

I'm sure the numbers will add up:

120 PPR

50 Democrats

5 ACT (or whatever Suthep's party is called)

That's 175 MPs total. 

????Easily enough to elect the next PM after you add 250 senators!

PM without a mandate from the people though. And we all know that mandate is what he really craves. Are you even a PM if you aren't elected by the people? ????

On 3/28/2019 at 12:48 AM, Khaeng Mak said:

For the life of me I cannot see how all this will not end in violence.

Sadly that is a likely outcome. This has been handled very poorly and created a perfect incubator for deep rooted distrust that could lead to a very violent reaction. 

On 3/28/2019 at 11:35 AM, Caldera said:

True, but what then? How will they get any legislation passed down the line?

They are not really interested in legislation, they want power, money and keeping things as they are. They can always blame the others for any failed half hearted legislation

On 3/28/2019 at 5:35 AM, Caldera said:

True, but what then? How will they get any legislation passed down the line?

If I remember well, there must be a clause stating that the Senate can vote with the house when it is about national reform. I guess it can be interpreted in any way they want.

This can only end in teas. The Prime Minister is a General again, wearing his old General Clothes (wonder if he smells like moth balls) to important functions. He also has al the new up to date Chinese armoury at his disposal.

On 3/27/2019 at 7:19 PM, Grossman said:

Why does everyone look like they were in different stages of soiling their pants?

I agree Grossman.

Archived