The first reviews for ‘Dumbo’ are in – and it’s not looking good

snoop1130

The first reviews for ‘Dumbo’ are in – and it’s not looking good

by Sam Moore

dumbo-1220x782.jpg

'Dumbo' Credit: Alamy

The live-action remake of the beloved 1941 animated film hasn't gone down particularly well with the critics.

Film critics have been having their say on Disney’s remake of Dumbo, with the movie receiving a large amount of criticism in the first raft of reviews.

Tim Burton’s new live-action/CGI version of the beloved 1941 animated film of the same name is set for release on Friday (March 29), with the likes of Colin Farrell, Danny DeVito and Eva Green all starring.

Reviews of the new Dumbo have been surfacing over the past few days, with the film failing to please a number of prominent critics.

Full Story: https://www.nme.com/news/film/dumbo-critics-reviews-disney-tim-burton-2467141

Considering that Hollywood is only interested in making money, actually making novel, new movies is considered too risky so they go for the tried and true method of making sequel after sequel after sequel with remakes thrown it.  I wonder when Beau Geste will be re-released again?  I'm sure it's being considered, probably staring Vin Diesel and the cast of Oceans 11, 12, 13.....

Disney is way too PC now to be bothered with. They must have a team of PC warriors vetting the movies and removing anything that is even the slightest offensive to 15 year old girls.

I mistakenly went to see Mary Poppins returns as the reviews seemed good, but it was so overwhelmingly bland and PC that I was bored throughout the movie.

Archived