Police in Ban Phe?

JusMe

Haven't been following the forum in quite some time now, as I moved out of Thailand.

I did finally manage to sell my house in Ban Phe last October, but the estate agent hasn't forwarded any of the proceeds to me, and isn't answering emails.

I know I can't identify him on this forum, but Ban Phe isn't very large - only two agents that I know of - and he is the smaller.

Is there any way that I can contact the Ban Phe police, in English, digitally from overseas, to check of perhaps there's some fraud occurred?

Boots on the ground, it's the only way, preferably yours...Unless you have a local Thai friend (preferably influential) to initiate inquiries with the police/real estate agent.......good luck

You will probably have to be here in person to file a complaint or give a POA to an attorney. I would strongly advise not to do that or you will be shafted twice.

Your best bet is to come here and confront him/her and take it from there. I live here in the neighborhood, leaving as well, the place is a rundown shithole.

Thanks, Likewise.  I think I can always send a PoA either in registered mail or even by pdf.  That's what I used for selling the house.  Of course, see how that worked out, eh?

I do have contacts provided me by other ThaiVisa members for local lawyers, who could be an option.  Most assuredly, I am not sending any money up front, as I've learned about sending good money after bad.  But if perhaps one of them would take it on a contingency basis, that's a possibility.

The expense, hassle, stress, and all of actually getting there and confronting him, just isn't worth it.  And there'd still be no guarantee that I'd get more out of it all than just more expense, hassle and stress.

I did leave Thailand a few years ago, for a good number of reasons, and for some of them, I know I have no reason to ever want to return, even for the possibility of recovering some cash.  So, the face-to-face just ain't gonna happen.

On 3/28/2019 at 12:42 AM, JusMe said:

but the estate agent hasn't forwarded any of the proceeds to me, and isn't answering emails.

Have you tried calling him? That's certainly something I'd be attempting in the case of someone who was studiously ignoring my emails.

If I was there, clearly I'd call him or drop in, but my phone system needs tweaking to do any international calls, plus the super time difference, so phoning isn't really an option.

Local people have offered to call or drop by his office to ask what's happenin'.  Special thanks to them.

Archived