BANGKOK 23 April 2019 15:15

I did post in the regional forum asking for information about contacting the police in Ban Phe, Rayong, about the possibility of fraud regarding money from the sale of my house, but perhaps someone here can advise me.

I'm not in Thailand anymore, and managed to get my house in Ban Phe sold last October, but the estate agent hasn't forwarded any money at all from that sale, and isn't responding to emails.  Obviously, it's far too difficult and expensive to make the trip to actually visit him, so perhaps there's some way I can ask the RTP in Ban Phe or Rayong to investigate the possibility of theft or fraud?

Not saying yet that this is what's occurred, and not naming the agent in Ban Phe, which is small enough that there are only two that I know of and he's the smaller, but anyone advise something other than writing it all off as a learning experience?

Total amount is a bit under 1.2 million baht, so the hassle and expense isn't enough compensation to go through the flight and accommodation and time and all the rest.

I had the house up for sale for quite a long time, and the agent sent me papers for signing for its sale, but didn't actually tell me when the sale went through, and hasn't contacted me since.  I only discovered the fact of the sale by finding it on his website as SOLD.

Commission?  Sure - manage to send me a bank transfer, and you can have 50,000 baht.  PM if you want to pursue the matter.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

Well ... you know it all, so you should be able to sort it out 👍

If I actually knew it all, I wouldn't have posted here asking for help.

So, thanks for all your help in posting the response.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Get in touch with Sharky in Pattaya

Who's "Sharky" and how would I get in touch with him if he/it's in Pattaya and I'm not even in Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Inn Between said:

I don't know where you'd be coming from, but out of curiosity, I just looked online using Kayak, specifying a flight from Toronto Canada leaving next Tues (Apr 2) and returning one week later (Apr 9). I was shocked to see Eva offering that round trip for $C946, and there were some other ones for under $C900. I've never seen prices so low. I'd think spending $C900 to recover $C50,000 would be well worth it. Personally I like Eva, and those flights even have only 1 short stopover, Seems like a no-brainer to me, 

I'd have to do connections from Edmonton, and the price you indicate is about right, but obviously doesn't include all the extras like accommodation, travel between BKK and Ban Phe, plus all the hassle involved, and whatever might be involved in actually collecting that $C50k, if it can be collected.  Don't even know if the agent has absconded or is just ignoring my emails.  EVA is pretty good, although in the past I've gone through Seattle and then Aseana.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JusMe said:

Who's "Sharky" and how would I get in touch with him if he/it's in Pattaya and I'm not even in Thailand?

Webseach "Sharky pattaya" contact him on  facebook

• Like 1