Xanax in Chiang Mai

Duaned

1 mg generic Xanax may be difficult to find, but two 0.5 mg will do the same job.  It should be available at all the hospitals, but you will have to have it prescribed through the psychiatry dept if you use it long-term.  Suan Prung Hospital would be a good place to start. 

55 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Suan Prung Hospital would be a good place to start. 

Based on my experience, they don't give Xanax there. I need benzodiazepines for severe anxiety and I went to Suan Prung last August requesting some Xanax. I was told it is no longer available in Thailand (not sure how true that is). The doctor offered me 90 pills of 2mg clonazepam instead. 

2 hours ago, lipflipper said:

My suggestion would be to head to Phnom Penh and the Pharmacies there. I get all my meds. there and some of them are banned in Thailand and the U.S. Never a question asked and prices are rock bottom.

And if he gets caught he might just spend a few years in Thai jail.

Not sure about CM.

I know Xanax and Valium can be purchased in Pattaya at some pharmacies.

Legal or not I am just saying.

But, I have seen it openly offered by street vendors on Sukhumvit in BLL on and around the Sois between Nana and Asoke.

Don´t know if it is real or not.

But, like flipper said just about anything over the counter in PP.

Please be aware of all the legal consequences.  

I have never heard of anyone being busted for a personal use packaged pharmacutical like Xanax.

Bringing back 50 boxes may be a red flag.

But, you never know.

13 hours ago, lipflipper said:

My suggestion would be to head to Phnom Penh and the Pharmacies there. I get all my meds. there and some of them are banned in Thailand and the U.S. Never a question asked and prices are rock bottom.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That is incredibly poor advice. Have you ever researched the law on what would happen if you get caught bringing it into Thailand?

16 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Xanax has been outlawed in Thailand since years.

In Bangkok I was prescribed Alprazolam (Xanax) 0.25mg (just in case) about six months ago. Heard all the stories about getting hooked so said I only wanted the lowest dose but the doctor would have happily given me something stronger if I asked. Fortunately I haven't felt the need to take any so far.

15 hours ago, somtum16 said:

Based on my experience, they don't give Xanax there. I need benzodiazepines for severe anxiety and I went to Suan Prung last August requesting some Xanax. I was told it is no longer available in Thailand (not sure how true that is). The doctor offered me 90 pills of 2mg clonazepam instead. 

Perhaps the brand name Xanax isn't available in Thailand, but the generic alprazolam certainly is and I know people who have obtained it at Suan Prung and at least two other hospitals in Chiang Mai.

On 3/27/2019 at 4:40 PM, steven2018 said:

You may want to try a more herbal method --

L-Theanine (from green tea leaves)

Amino Acid that interacts with the stress receptors in the brain.

5-HTP is a similar amino acid supplement used to treat anxiety.  Unlike Xanax, both L-Theanine and 5-HTP are non habit forming.

The cocktail I use is - a cup of coffee (no sugar/creamer) = about 100mg caffeine, plus 200mg of L-Theanine. A 1 to 2 ratio.

The coffee will get you going. The L-Theanine will balance out the over stim of the caffeine, and interact with the GABA receptors in the brain to bring on a calmness. This has been my experience.

Since L-Theanine is an amino acid, adding a good fat helps in the uptake. Possibly, eggs (with yokes).

And, of course, this is informational only.

This is from 2013 when Xanax was banned -

Two ministerial decrees are being issued which will make Alprazolam a banned psychotropic substance. Alprazolam is the generic version of Xanax.

They ban the manufacture, sale, import, export and possession of the drug, and will take effect on June 17, 2013 the Food and Drug Administration secretary-general Boonchai Somboonsuk said.

This made it illegal to posses Xanax or Alprazolam in Thailand some Pharmacies still try to get around it but if you are caught you are in big trouble !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Alprazolam is available in Thailand. But my friend who owns a number of pharmacies told me once that there is no other medicine (other than Pseudoephedrine) that the government watches more closely. He said that is one medicine that it is impossible for licensed pharmacists to order from their distributors because they absolutely can not distribute it except to a hospital or psychiatric clinic for fear of being penalized or even shut down by the government. Diazepam, Lorazepam and a few others can be distributed but very, very few pharmacies will take the risk of stocking it anymore. My friend told me that police will occasionally come to pharmacies in Thailand checking to make sure there is no  Pseudoephedrine or Alprazolam in stock, and if so, they will confiscate it. Alprazolam is the most addictive of all the benzos and teenagers were using it (and increasing the dosage considerably) over time.

Just now, boonrawdcnx said:

This made it illegal to posses Xanax or Alprazolam in Thailand some Pharmacies still try to get around it but if you are caught you are in big trouble !

Than someone needs to tell the Bangkok hospital where I was prescribed Alprazolam last year. I would find it extraordinary if they were doing this illegally. I'm not talking some backstreet pharmacy selling under the counter but a large private hospital.

Not once have I ever been searched or had my bags checked for these readily available drugs as the Thai Immigration people have no clue what the meds are in the first place. Unless you are bringing a whole sh..it pile of them at one time there is no chance of you being busted. Obviously some responses from the "Sky Is Falling" crowd.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Maybe off topic but Xanax is very popular in the US.  Especially with females in the higher income areas in states like Calif.  I am just saying, my ex-wife was on it and so we're all her friends claiming stress relief.  A typical evening would be a Zany and a little wine.

On this for a male, I do not get it except for maybe occasional sleep.  I could not perform sexually after taking it just felt sleepy which is a deal killer for me.

1 hour ago, Peasandmash said:

in light of today's smoke, I'd also like to know where I can get the 1 mg xanax

Bangkok Hospital has been mentioned amongst others.You obviously would need to see a Dr and explain your particular problem before it would be prescibed. I do know of at least 2 people who have been buying it legally in CM for the last 7-8 years.

I have suffer from mild anxiety and I can confirm that Bangkok hospital is able to prescribe opioids and benzodiazepines, need to make an appointment with the mental health department, they will only provide prescription for max 30 days for Xanax, but are able to obtain up to 45 days for the lesser stuff, being stuff like clorazapate and lorazepam, pretty much does the same job, with opioids it's a bit different, fentanyl patches every 15 days 

13 hours ago, kmw said:

I have suffer from mild anxiety and I can confirm that Bangkok hospital is able to prescribe opioids and benzodiazepines, need to make an appointment with the mental health department, they will only provide prescription for max 30 days for Xanax, but are able to obtain up to 45 days for the lesser stuff, being stuff like clorazapate and lorazepam, pretty much does the same job, with opioids it's a bit different, fentanyl patches every 15 days 

Using opiods for anxiety is nuts !

~o:37;

Archived