Big Joke: Promises easier, faster and more "watertight" Immigration rules

webfact

3 minutes ago, connda said:

perhaps foreigners and expats supporting families actually add to the GDP of Thailand We bring in money from outside Thailand and spend it locally. 

I do it since 2000 and still do it. 

I don't expect special attention/reward for it. 

It was my choice, it wasn't a condition to be able to stay here. 

I suppose the ones sitting daily in a bar drinking, paying Lady drinks, are supporting Thai families as well, in one way or another. 

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, connda said:

Soon enough they'll eventually start splitting families apart by deporting foreigners supporting family.  Give it time. 

It's against UN's human rights declaration which Thailand is a signatory of, but hey when did they care about whatever contracts they've signed. It's why I keep saying, have multiple exit plans and include your entire family in them. 

For reference: https://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/

Article 16.

(1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.
(2) Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.
(3) The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.

It is best if readers remain calm and understand that the changes are still under discussion and review by the ministry.

Readers are again reminded that Thailand is one of the most popular destinations in the world with visitor numbers increasing year over year. Because of the immense popularity of Thailand, there are some bad people who seek to exploit the welcoming and open position of Thailand. As the hard working and acclaimed Lt. General Surachate Hakparn stated, "those up to no good would hide out under the guise of being tourists." Thailand intends to protect the nation against the criminal foreigners who seek entry. and one of the most pressing needs is to  block the loopholes that allow non tourists to stay as tourists.  Unfortunately, some foreigners may interpret the protective measures as directed against them only. This is sad, but not a reasonable conclusion. Thailand seeks only to remove the  foreigners who present as a threat to social order and who are at risk of being a financial burden to the generosity of the Thailand nation.

Readers are again reminded that Thailand provided one of the most accepting and generous of education visas and it was quickly abused by long term residents who had no intention of pursuing education. Therefore, when we read the complaints of people who do not have the financial means to meet some of the easiest  visa requirements in the world, the cries from such people will not  be greeted with great sympathy. The number of people who may be negatively impacted is very small, perhaps a few hundred. In the great total of the tens of millions who easily enter Thailand each year, the small number of non compliant, while sad, must be accepted in order to protect the safety and best interests of the  desirable visitors and the people of Thailand.

Thank you for patience and consideration of the needs of the total society over those of a few who should not be in Thailand because they are niot able to financially take care of themselves.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

There are also changes to business visas and extensions of stay based on people who have children or who are married to Thais. 

I can hardly wait.  I've been prepping my wife, son, and extended family for a couple of years now that Immigration may finally pass laws that will essentially make it impossible for me to stay in Thailand and support my family as solid middle-class citizens.  That is what BJ sounds like he's projecting.  I see it coming.  I meet all the financial requirements without a problem - now.  But wait for them to raise the bar yet again.  Who suffers.  We all will.  I'll lose all the sunk assets I've invested in our home.  But anything liquid goes with me so that I can once more establish residency (real permanent residency this time) in a different county, which would leave the family in a dire situation. 
And I doubt that one Thai bureaucratic bigwig would lose a minute of sleep. 
For a country whose citizens claim to be Buddhists, I seen virtually no actually compassion expressed toward anyone but their fellow Thais, and I don't see a lot of that either, as status trumps compassion.

5 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Many of the ones who can still obtain a L.o.I. from their embassy, aren't at all. 

Please not say like that. Karma is in power here. Besides personally I believe Immigration will demand stricter process from the embassies regarding future income verifications.

6 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

I believe Immigration will demand stricter process from the embassies regarding future income verifications.

Possibly, they didn't do with their last amendments, but maybe with their next ones. 

18 minutes ago, Thaiarrow said:

It is best if readers remain calm and understand that the changes are still under discussion and review by the ministry.

Readers are again reminded that Thailand is one of the most popular destinations in the world with visitor numbers increasing year over year. Because of the immense popularity of Thailand, there are some bad people who seek to exploit the welcoming and open position of Thailand. As the hard working and acclaimed Lt. General Surachate Hakparn stated, "those up to no good would hide out under the guise of being tourists." Thailand intends to protect the nation against the criminal foreigners who seek entry. and one of the most pressing needs is to  block the loopholes that allow non tourists to stay as tourists.  Unfortunately, some foreigners may interpret the protective measures as directed against them only. This is sad, but not a reasonable conclusion. Thailand seeks only to remove the  foreigners who present as a threat to social order and who are at risk of being a financial burden to the generosity of the Thailand nation.

Readers are again reminded that Thailand provided one of the most accepting and generous of education visas and it was quickly abused by long term residents who had no intention of pursuing education. Therefore, when we read the complaints of people who do not have the financial means to meet some of the easiest  visa requirements in the world, the cries from such people will not  be greeted with great sympathy. The number of people who may be negatively impacted is very small, perhaps a few hundred. In the great total of the tens of millions who easily enter Thailand each year, the small number of non compliant, while sad, must be accepted in order to protect the safety and best interests of the  desirable visitors and the people of Thailand.

Thank you for patience and consideration of the needs of the total society over those of a few who should not be in Thailand because they are niot able to financially take care of themselves.

keep-calm-who-kidding.jpg.2d56f02644b997ba0733870a6d8374b5.jpg

16 minutes ago, connda said:

I can hardly wait.  I've been prepping my wife, son, and extended family for a couple of years now that Immigration may finally pass laws that will essentially make it impossible for me to stay in Thailand and support my family as solid middle-class citizens.  That is what BJ sounds like he's projecting.  I see it coming.  I meet all the financial requirements without a problem - now.  But wait for them to raise the bar yet again.  Who suffers.  We all will.  I'll lose all the sunk assets I've invested in our home.  But anything liquid goes with me so that I can once more establish residency (real permanent residency this time) in a different county, which would leave the family in a dire situation. 
For a country whose citizens claim to be Buddhists, I seen virtually no actually compassion expressed toward anyone but their fellow Thais, and I don't see a lot of that either, as status trumps compassion.

Am I reading your post correctly? How will establishing residency in another country affect your family?

Or are you saying you will dump the family and leave alone?

2 minutes ago, connda said:

Your assessment does not reflect the position of the foreign investment community, which has been overwhelmingly positive to proposed improvements and updates of business visa regulations. For those  foreigners who are on legitimate business and professional visa, they will see no impact on their status or ease of entry. On the contrary, Thailand has made sure to provide additional support and assistance to the commercial enterprises who have actively sought to have bigger presence. Some of Thailand's international hospitality enterprises have benefited tremendously from the open and welcoming visa grant, and they call this a win win situation. Thailand is a very popular destination for foreign business investors, and it can be expected that the business visa strategy will continue to support the strong business investment growth result. There have been no negative statements made by any of Thailand's grateful foreign investment groups and all welcome the visa regulation updates that promote ease of investment activity.

Thailand must act to protect the almost 70 million citizens. Thailand has some of the easiest to attain visa grants with requirements that were based upon financial conditions that applied as far back as 1979. It is not unusual for  a government to adjust its financial benchmarks to reflect changes over time.

We are sorry for your delicate economic position. However, we do wish to emphasize that it is not the fault of Thailand if you are not financially solvent or in a position to adapt to reasonable changes in financial safety safety requirements.

You are reminded that any change in the very generous and easy visa requirements acts to protect the visa holder as well since it is intended to discourage those who are not of financial strength and ability to stay in Thailand. For such people, short term tourist visa may be best option and they can visit for a few weeks from time to time.

24 minutes ago, Thaiarrow said:

if anyone had any doubts about immigration reading this forum then I think the quoted text above should put their minds at ease.

Thanks Big Joke for your input.

14 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Please not say like that. Karma is in power here. Besides personally I believe Immigration will demand stricter process from the embassies regarding future income verifications.

"Karma is in power here"

I will leave that to ThaiVisa posters with a modicum of sanity to ponder.

1 minute ago, Thaiarrow said:

Your assessment does not reflect the position of the foreign investment community, which has been overwhelmingly positive to proposed improvements and updates of business visa regulations. For those  foreigners who are on legitimate business and professional visa, they will see no impact on their status or ease of entry. On the contrary, Thailand has made sure to provide additional support and assistance to the commercial enterprises who have actively sought to have bigger presence. Some of Thailand's international hospitality enterprises have benefited tremendously from the open and welcoming visa grant, and they call this a win win situation. Thailand is a very popular destination for foreign business investors, and it can be expected that the business visa strategy will continue to support the strong business investment growth result. There have been no negative statements made by any of Thailand's grateful foreign investment groups and all welcome the visa regulation updates that promote ease of investment activity.

Thailand must act to protect the almost 70 million citizens. Thailand has some of the easiest to attain visa grants with requirements that were based upon financial conditions that applied as far back as 1979. It is not unusual for  a government to adjust its financial benchmarks to reflect changes over time.

We are sorry for your delicate economic position. However, we do wish to emphasize that it is not the fault of Thailand if you are not financially solvent or in a position to adapt to reasonable changes in financial safety safety requirements.

You are reminded that any change in the very generous and easy visa requirements acts to protect the visa holder as well since it is intended to discourage those who are not of financial strength and ability to stay in Thailand. For such people, short term tourist visa may be best option and they can visit for a few weeks from time to time.

Connda has it right.

Who,the hell,is we?

Big Joke has obviously been relying on TAT stats.   Thailand 3rd most visit country in the world - big joke.   Cant find any survey that has it any higher than about 8th or 9th and then a long way off of 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, Thaiarrow said:

What is Thailand going to do to protect its citizens that are married to a foreigner - will you be making the visa process easier? No more 90 day reports or embarrassing photos with the spouse in the bedroom required?

1 minute ago, Odysseus123 said:

Connda has it right.

Who,the hell,is we?

If user "Thaiarrow" writing as if he were the Thai authorities is indeed such I think it would be best if he/she categorically identified themselves as such. I make this request as Thaivisa.com is overrun with sanctimonious foreigners who think they speak for the Thai authorities and thus it would be best if this could be delineated. HTH

3 hours ago, LarryB said:

I would really just like to know why South Africans in particular have become a problem for Thai immigration. 

Probably something to do with the South African murder suspect in Vancouver that he's been dealing with in the past few days. 

9 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

"Karma is in power here"

I will leave that to ThaiVisa posters with a modicum of sanity to ponder.

Karma have many theories and one is that karma harps on the Newtonian principle that every action produces an equal and opposite reaction, i.e. in this case could come back negative .

13 minutes ago, Thaiarrow said:

I think you dont get it. I have invested B 15 million in this country, yet I am grouped in with the unwanted people. I employ Thais on a daily basis, I own my own house (30 years lease because of xenophobia), vehicle, I pay Thai social security, have a private medical cover yet I am classified as a problem. From an investment community perspective Thailand is dead because of a lack of highly educated workforce, red tape, low and uneven growth rate and political instability. You can invest you money here but I am taking my investment and profits out of the country. I have been here l9ng enough to now when I am not welcome anymore and like a polite guest I will leave.

5 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

You're never gonna convince me that people on retirement and marriage visas present a substantial risk of criminal behavior to Thailand. But Big Joke keeps acting otherwise.

The older people generally become, the less likely they are to be engaged in criminal behavior . Married people commit fewer crimes than unmarried people. Don't they teach this in Thailand's police academies?

You are forgetting about the criminal farang retirees playing Bridge in Pataya Gecko ????

Archived