Big Joke: Sharing fake news has "damaged the trust in Thailand"

Jonathan Fairfield

Big Joke: Sharing fake news has "damaged the trust in Thailand"

g2.jpg

Image: INN

A video on the INN site showed Immigration chief Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn reading the riot act to a group of people arrested after they shared fake news that damaged the Election Commission. 

The people were connected to a website named as syoutaogou.com 

Their actions had damaged the trust in Thailand and created confusion among the public, said INN. 

Some five people were seen in surgical masks sitting opposite the Lt-Gen and police from immigration and tech crime teams.

No one except the chief was named in the story. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-28

7 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Some five people were seen in surgical masks sitting opposite the Lt-Gen and police from immigration and tech crime teams.

I take it the air quality in the room wasn't the best with all the BS being spilled to the media ????

21 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

a group of people arrested after they shared fake news that damaged the Election Commission. 

Ah! That would be probably not so fake news on revealing major issues and problems with the incompetent and fraudulent way the election was handled and the multiple cheating that went down. Not sure it can be considered fake news, and as far as the damage done? Well, maybe they should have considered that before they cheated. I hope they get good lawyers and evidence comes to light that proves their allegations were in truth wholly factual.

25 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

"damaged the trust in Thailand"

Immigration Officers damage trust in Thailand as do Thai police; Thai taxi drivers of meterless taxis; stubble burners; red light runners; Election Committees; vote buying; bribe-taking civil servants; and watch collectors.

24 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Ah! That would be probably not so fake news on revealing major issues and problems with the incompetent and fraudulent way the election was handled and the multiple cheating that went down. Not sure it can be considered fake news, and as far as the damage done? Well, maybe they should have considered that before they cheated. I hope they get good lawyers and evidence comes to light that proves their allegations were in truth wholly factual.

Truth is no defense in Thailand.

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

Immigration Officers damage trust in Thailand as do Thai police; Thai taxi drivers of meterless taxis; stubble burners; red light runners; Election Committees; vote buying; bribe-taking civil servants; and watch collectors.

careful! That is probably all fake news.

3 hours ago, Emdog said:

Seems sharing 'real news" about goings on here does enough damage already

fake news is not about truth or non truth.  It is only about casting the current administration in a bad light.

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

You forgot those that ride motorbikes on sidewalks.

NO!  What has damaged trust is how you have imposed unrealistic draconian rules on farrang to the point that staying defeats the purpose...but who cares, welcome to the LOS...can't open a bank account even with the correct documents; feeling unfair treatment when trying to renew your visa even if your honest, too bad.  Get out!

8 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

A video on the INN site showed Immigration chief Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn reading the riot act to a group of people arrested after they shared fake news that damaged the Election Commission. 

So he has the proof that it's fake news ??

Or is this just more officials against free media, and censoring peoples opinions!

Well, I am really glad that something is done against fake news. I - like everybody else in this country - am certainly in favour of avoiding damages to Thailands face. 

I thought it might be due to the old, outgoing government with being too punctual due to all those wrist watches or the fact, that .........

Hopeless, really hopeless ............ 

Is the guy for real ? ‪They must have really dug deep to find these idiots for the EC. Even too stupid to cheat and hide it. Goes well with the current illegitimate government same level of intellect - that of a common house dog ! ‬

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived