Free WiFi now available at 25 airports in Thailand

webfact

11 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

And what if you want nothing to do with Facebook?

most have other options like log in with gmail etc, I think they take it that 99% of the population has facebook, even if its just to log in to free wifi, lol

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Thai SIM, UK SIM, Thai data SIM, Viet data SIM, Filipino data SIM, Cambo data SIM.

Do they make 6 SIM phones?

Well that would be nice. For each trip I have in the phone the sim card of the country I am leaving and the country I am travelling to. Avoids the fiddling around at the destination airport or on the plane.

27 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Well that would be nice. For each trip I have in the phone the sim card of the country I am leaving and the country I am travelling to. Avoids the fiddling around at the destination airport or on the plane.

My next trip goes to three different countries.

It rarely works at BKK so no hope for the other airports especially if they sourced the implementation it to one of the teclos, or still use the government green logo free internet portal which errors on signup, although I think it might of worked one day in 2013, but thankfully no one in the signing or meeting of understanding will have to use it. When I passed through the airport the other day CAT Telecom was promoting upto 6mbit  blazing fast internet ???? above their relatively new free phone charging stations, it just need a clock with date rewind back 10 years to fit the picture.. . Tomorrow announcement: Internet stations and DVD rentals kiosks  

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

My next trip goes to three different countries.

But each flight only involves 2. (disregarding transit). When I arrive HKG just flip from eg sim2 (Thai) to sim1 (HKG). If I was flying BKK-HKG-LHR, then change sim2 from Thai to UK, but at my leisure. The main point being no need to mess around with changing sim cards immediately on landing. Not a terrible thing to have to do, but dual sim a boon for regular travellers.

16 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

But each flight only involves 2. (disregarding transit). When I arrive HKG just flip from eg sim2 (Thai) to sim1 (HKG). If I was flying BKK-HKG-LHR, then change sim2 from Thai to UK, but at my leisure. The main point being no need to mess around with changing sim cards immediately on landing. Not a terrible thing to have to do, but dual sim a boon for regular travellers.

What if you have a jesus phone? 

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

most have other options like log in with gmail etc, I think they take it that 99% of the population has facebook, even if its just to log in to free wifi, lol

Yes, but then I need to connect using my login info for my email or whatever. For one thing, I don't always remember which password I am currently using. And secondly, I don't really want to share my login info or other account info with strangers in the government, just to get a little wifi. 

Archived