Faithful present a stun gun to temple abbot after repeated thefts

webfact

Faithful present a stun gun to temple abbot after repeated thefts

6pm_VI.jpg

The Buddhist faithful at a temple in Chainat in central Thailand have got so fed up with constant thefts that they have presented a stun gun to the abbot for his personal protection. 

A man concealing his identity has stolen from the donation box at Wat Aranyik eight times since last October. 

The police have failed to make an arrest. 

In CCTV footage from Tuesday the thief stole 300 baht again. He also got away with two Buddhist gold statues. 

1553772298393.jpg

Now the parishioners have said enough is enough. With abbot Phra Atipanyo spending a lot of time alone in his quarters they have have donated a stun gun to him just in case. 

The abbot said if the man was desperate for money he could approach him for a donation. But stealing is a sin that would dog him for ever. 

Source: TNA

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-29

don't worry, big donations from big chinese dudes to pray for more money and karma, a bit like they did in church in europe centuries ago, to spend less time in  purgatory before making the trip to heaven ...

my big fat old rich chinese dad in law does it regulary ...  he is just totally ignoring his grand daughter while his daughter causes stress & a shitstorm to me and my daughter, but is all ok, he went to temple...

Archived