Brits in Thailand in 2018: Fourteen suffer rape or sexual assault and ten suicides

webfact

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it seems that the Intelligent Guys suggestion that these Figurs be compared with other Figures from Similar Places, e.g. Holiday and tourist destinations, and we not just consider Thailand as an Isolated "Thai Visa" ? Case ? ... Seems to have been taken off, ... along with my Congratulations to him for a very good suggestion, ... and my suggestions also.

... So this post is about "Thailand" ... well wouldn't it be smart to compare The Brits problems here, ... with their problems in other places, as well as Thailand, ... and well, other Places figures with Thailand, ... just to give us an Idea about Thailand's Place, in what is probably now a truly Global problem, and not only a Thai one.

... Like I wonder what the Death Figures of Thai's, ...  in the UK could tell us ? ...

Have to remember these are statistics the embassy has compiled. Total deaths may be about right because Thai police have to report these deaths, if a death certificate is issued. As for the rest ....... 12 assaults? Surely that should be a factor of 2 higher, just embassy not involved.

24 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Sorry if you feel I'm insulting you, if you reread, possibly you'll see that I wasn't. I was commenting on the your apparent need for bodyguards because your family is visiting which I said was unnecessary UNLESS your living in a real bad area. You took it erroneously but that's beyond my control..

My son was attacked 2 years ago in Thailand. He neither drinks or takes drugs and this is another reason I'm on red alert mate. 

16 minutes ago, ScotBkk said:

My son was attacked 2 years ago in Thailand. He neither drinks or takes drugs and this is another reason I'm on red alert mate. 

That's a shame man and thus understandable why you're so protective of your daughters that are coming over. Pleased be assured I meant you no disrespect discussing the relative safety of Thailand. I do believe expats convey a huge amount of disinformation and exaggeration on this website and I erroneously applied knowledge of that to you, and for that I apologize. Hopefully your family will enjoy a safe and happy time over here with no drama. 

5 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

That's a shame man and thus understandable why you're so protective of your daughters that are coming over. Pleased be assured I meant you no disrespect discussing the relative safety of Thailand. I do believe expats convey a huge amount of disinformation and exaggeration on this website and I erroneously applied knowledge of that to you, and for that I apologize. Hopefully your family will enjoy a safe and happy time over here with no drama. 

Thank you my friend and I'm glad you see why I'm being so cautious all the best mate.

Out of all those deaths, I wonder how many were single men who had 800k or so in a Thai bank and what happened to their assets upon death. Probably many had no heirs, and if they did they probably don't know that money was in a Thai bank, and even if they did know, it is probably too much of a hassle to reclaim it...not worth the effort. So again, what happens to all that money?

I have said before, they want to keep raising the amount in Thai banks which can't be spent, so it is a windfall to someone when ever a farang dies.  Do these funds get sent back to the govt. and split up amongst the junta generals? 

12 hours ago, ScotBkk said:

The majority of the attacks is on sober tourists who displays their values such as expensive watches, jewelry and cash in the same way they are used to in their home country - With this in mind it could be a good start to educate ... :thumbsup:

52 minutes ago, ttrd said:

The majority of the attacks is on sober tourists who displays their values such as expensive watches, jewelry and cash in the same way they are used to in their home country - With this in mind it could be a good start to educate ... :thumbsup:

I wouldn't display my expensive watch and flash the cash in the UK either to be honest. 

35 minutes ago, thisisrascal said:

I wouldn't display my expensive watch and flash the cash in the UK either to be honest. 

If you buy an expensive watch and/or jewelry we may assume that you intend to use it outside your property ... :whistling:

It is a bit safer and less visible under the sweater and jacket vs t-shirt in Thailand ...

When it comes to cash so are even a small amount in Europe considered as a big amount in Thailand and of the same reason you should not flash it as you do home.

I can agree on that it is not as safe as it used to be in W-Europe either, but not as bad as it is in poor countries - not yet ... :thumbsup:

I was talking with a guy who told me that he wore an expensive looking Gold neck chain, which was really a fake cheapie  when he took a woman home for the night. In the morning he would put the chain on the sideboard and go for a long shower. Usually when he got out he would find both the girl and the chain were gone.  All night in for Bhtb 50 !   not a bad deal is it.   lolololol

On 3/29/2019 at 4:24 AM, Sticky Wicket said:

I reckon a Thai would have had a significant part in 99.99% of those deaths

Since they happen in Thailand that would make sense now wouldnt it? Would be odd if it were 99.99% Japanese  or Brazillians. ????

On 3/29/2019 at 10:19 AM, SkyNets said:

Is it me or does 158 unknown deaths sound high?

Its the case for 49% of death certificates issued in Thailand, its due to lazy and incompetent medical staff producing incorrect and incomplete records resulting in the cause of death ultimately being recorded as being "ill-defined", or unknown.

34 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

I was talking with a guy who told me that he wore an expensive looking Gold neck chain, which was really a fake cheapie  when he took a woman home for the night. In the morning he would put the chain on the sideboard and go for a long shower. Usually when he got out he would find both the girl and the chain were gone.  All night in for Bhtb 50 !   not a bad deal is it.   lolololol

Another stupid foreigner arrives in Thailand. If you are stupid enough to be flashing cash and gold to show off no different than your big boobs hanging out expect the worst

On 3/31/2019 at 1:25 AM, ttrd said:

Doesn't wear jewellery. However, I think immigration should inform all tourists entering Thailand don't wear a watch you could end up being robbed or assaulted unless it's a Mickey Mouse Timex. 

On 4/1/2019 at 8:34 PM, ScotBkk said:

Doesn't wear jewellery. However, I think immigration should inform all tourists entering Thailand don't wear a watch you could end up being robbed or assaulted unless it's a Mickey Mouse Timex. 

RE - I think immigration should inform all tourists entering Thailand don't wear a watch

... at least they could have said - watch out as we are watching you, tralalalalala ... :thumbsup:

Archived