7 Chinese hurt in Jomtien tour bus crash

Rimmer

7 Chinese hurt in Jomtien tour bus crash

image.png

PATTAYA:--Seven Chinese tourists were hurt when they’re tour bus overturned on Sukhumvit Road in Jomtien Beach.

Paramedics rushed the unidentified victims to Pattaya Memorial Hospital after the Bangkok-registered coach fell into a traffic-island drainage canal in front of the Ambassador City Hotel March 25. Sixteen other passengers were unhurt.

Driver Paitoon Chaisombat, 40, said he swerved to avoid hitting a truck in front of him and lost control of the bus. It skidded off the rain-slicked road into the ditch.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-28-03--

6 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Driver Paitoon Chaisombat, 40, said he swerved to avoid hitting a truck in front of him and lost control of the bus. It skidded off the rain-slicked road into the ditch.

What he really means is that he was driving way too close to the vehicle in front of him, with a total disregard for the weather conditions.

This is the sort of idiot who should be riding in a bus to work, not driving one for a living.

24 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

after the Bangkok-registered coach fell into a traffic-island drainage canal

as it was tired and wanted a lie down for a while .. Buses don't " fall " into ditches .. they end up on their side or roof in one after being " driven " by pillocks who shouldn't be in control of one .. 

2 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

What he really means is that he was driving way too close to the vehicle in front of him, with a total disregard for the weather conditions.

This is the sort of idiot who should be riding in a bus to work, not driving one for a living.

Agreed but the good news is the passengers were Chinese so will get 1st class apologies and all hospital bills paid for unlike if they had been Farang passengers.

2 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

You must have witnessed it to make such a statement. Please share the details.

1 hour ago, Benmart said:

So many experts to declare the cause of the accident as if they witnessed it and were trained in accident investigation. Amazing.

If you drive around this area as I and many others Farangs do, and witness daily, almost minute by minute,  the idiocy of almost all coach drivers, it doesn't take a massive leap of faith to speculate fairly accurately who was at fault. 

Driving like a loony, `100% for sure,  thats the normal driving standard for Thailand.

The common factor with all the news posts that involve driving is that the blame is seldom attached to the lack of a Thais driving skills or to the fact that they shouldnt be driving anyway as they have either no licence, insurance, tax, helmet or are to young!

On 3/30/2019 at 11:56 AM, LoS itaint said:

The common factor with all the news posts that involve driving is that the blame is seldom attached to the lack of a Thais driving skills or to the fact that they shouldnt be driving anyway as they have either no licence, insurance, tax, helmet or are to young!

Couldn't have put it better LoS-itaint .. 

I was going up to BKK in an abulance for emergency surgery just 2 weeks ago. Sirens and lights on. All the way we were literally chased by some maniacs at speeds around 120km/h, fighting for pool position and tailgating us with often less then 2 car lengths distance. I could not believe my eyes. In fact I could. The ultimate disrespect and stupidity. MS>

On 3/29/2019 at 12:51 PM, petermik said:

Lucky there were no fatalities...I see the road was wet...no need to speculate what may have happened then....:whistling:

so what if the road was wet one should drive correctly in what ever the conditions are!!!

Archived