Nongprue locals demand illegal dump cleanup

Rimmer

Nongprue locals demand illegal dump cleanup

image.png

PATTAYA:--Nongprue Soi 4 are complaining about garbage dumped illegally on a roadside.

Denizens of Fah Mi Ard Kan village said they were nauseated by the smell and there was so much rubbish it was spilling on to the road itself.

They demanded subdistrict officials clean up the 15-meter stretch of sewage, scraps and garbage piled up and do a better job of enforcing no-dumping laws.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-28-03--

1 minute ago, Kim J said:

You can see similar sights all over the countryside in the Pattaya area. infact some are much worse than what we see here.

Indeed, flytipping is a national sport. A small amount of detective work either in identifying the vehicles dumping the rubbish or sifting through it to identify where it came from would identify the perpetrators. However the locals can't be bothered and are often too afraid of reprisals. The result is to try to shame the local authorities to do something. They may turn up and clear it up but the flytippers will be back sure enough.

The obligatory mattress !

Just now, Kim J said:

It is a constant mystery to me why the need for fly tipping of all these small bags of rubbish. Why not just put them in one of the many blue bins that are along every road in the area and are emptied every few days?

It could be a number of reasons.

1. It could be a small business generating 10 small bags of rubbish every day that doesn't want to pay a refuse collection fee. At the end of the week, the 50 bags are flytipped for "free". (i.e. the small bags are coming from the same business)

2. It could be considered the local dump for households that don't want to pay the community charge / refuse collection fee. (i.e. the small bags are from various households)

3. It could be that a refuse collection business has been paid by a village to cart away refuse but this business does not want to pay to take it to an official tip. So they flytip for extra profit. (i.e. the small bags came originally from various sources but then came from a refuse collection company)

4 hours ago, Kim J said:

You can see similar sights all over the countryside in the Pattaya area. infact some are much worse than what we see here.

The town has become Pat-trash-aya. Time to change the seafront sign.

Pattaya has always been bad for this type of fly tipping, local government has always been terrible about pursuing any sort of clean up, quite what they do with their budget is beyond me :whistling:

Truth be known a good chunk of Pattaya is built on garbage especially Jomtien area! :shock1:

I have a worse problem than this near to my home about 20Km outside Pattaya.

Not only is the trash being dumped on a Commercial scale, but several local recycle outfits decided that it was a good place to burn the Plastic off the Electric wire as well.

I have partially solved the problem with a Camera

When I see some black smoke, I rush round to the dump site and start taking Photos of the Perps.

This is something they really dont like, and when they realise that I mean business, I tell them that if I see them again, I will report them to the Local Admin Office who will take them to Court where they will be fined 2000 Baht.

OK ! it hasnt stopped fully, but has been drastically reduced

Archived