Patong Police investigate taxi drivers beating up a tourist

webfact

Patong Police investigate taxi drivers beating up a tourist – VIDEO

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

asdf-22-1-1024x618.jpg

Patong Police are investigating an assault on tourists from a group of Patong taxi drivers.

Two video clips of taxi drivers attacking tourist in Patong have gone viral in social media today.

The incident happened at Malin Plaza Market at the south end of Patong last night at 11pm. A male middle eastern tourist was attacked by taxi drivers in front of his child and wife. It has been reported that they were injured in the attack.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/patong-police-investigate-taxi-drivers-beating-up-a-tourist-video

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-03-29

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patong tuk-tuk, motorbike taxi drivers charged for violent attack on tourists

By The Phuket News

1553846343_1-org.jpg

The attack was recorded on video by a bystander. Screenshot: Supplied

PHUKET: Five people in total – comprising tuk-tuk drivers and at least one motorbike taxi driver – have been charged with the vicious beating of two tourists in Patong last night (Mar 28).

Patong Police Chief Col Anotai Jindamanee confirmed to The Phuket News that five of the six people wanted for the attacked are in custody at Patong Police Station.

“We are waiting for one more person to present himself to be charged for the incident,” Col Anotai said.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-tuk-tuk-motorbike-taxi-drivers-for-violent-attack-on-tourists-70899.php#zAZxvxEuoDuCLvJQ.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-03-29

11 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Just read the whole story.  There was a mother and child present in the attacked group also.

The whole story that you read (but did not make clear) did not say that the woman and the child were attacked as you seem to be trying to suggest.  The two men were attacked, "the group" was not.

Thailand and Thai news, if anything, is entirely predictable. I have lost count of how many million times I have read a story of taxi drivers in Phuket severely assaulting tourists. Whilst the rest of the world changes, sometimes for the worse, sometimes for the better, Thailand seems to be like a scratched record over and over trapped in some sort of medieval feudal system.

28 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

This movie and news are on all TV news here in Saudi right now.

Are they calling it the Khashoggi dance?

Any way, 5 taxi drivers have been charged. The 2 blokes that were beaten were from the UAE.

Even if the mother and child weren't involved it must have been terrifying for them especially the child. Imagine being  a kid watching your father being bashed in a foreign country?

He won't be coming again.

The fight (sic) will be over something trivial of course.

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

wow they are really kicking the shit out of him.

i wonder what he did wrong?

ive seen worse beatings from thai youths, seen 1 video where 20 youths kick and stomp on 2 other youths for over 5 minutes, they probably died. head stomping and 10+ kicking head is national sport here

5 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Thailand and Thai news, if anything, is entirely predictable. I have lost count of how many million times I have read a story of taxi drivers in Phuket severely assaulting tourists. Whilst the rest of the world changes, sometimes for the worse, sometimes for the better, Thailand seems to be like a scratched record over and over trapped in some sort of medieval feudal system.

It's not trapped there.  It is carefully held there by the corrupt ruling elite.

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

So you can all put your anti thai <deleted> back in the box - I would have done the same if someone tried to take the piss out of me ! 

would you have beat the shit out of the whole family? or just the man?

7 minutes ago, Benroon said:

He got a kicking because AFTER he agreed a 300 baht fee with the driver, en route he told the tuk tuk driver to stop at Burger King so he could place an order for his entire family, the tuk tuk driver reasonably said as he would have to wait a considerable time he would add 200 baht to the fee. OR he could just leave him at Burger King for the 300.

The TOURIST then told him to <deleted> off he wouldn't pay it at which point it kicked off

So you can all put your anti thai <deleted> back in the box - I would have done the same if someone tried to take the piss out of me ! 

200 BAHT for a 5 minutes wait? Who is taking the piss really? 

I've had to spend longer while a tuk tuk driver filled up gas and take a piss. 

Thai apologists like yourself are sickening.

You can't justify this violence no matter which way you spin it.

Archived